Current Affairs 21th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. National women’s day in India is
observed every year on ________.
A. 11 February
B. 12 February
C. 13 February
D. 14 February
Explanation: India celebrated Sarojini Naidu’s birthday as National Women’s Day of India every year on
● Sarojini Naidu was India’s first women governor and also famous as ‘Bharat Kokila’.
The World’s Biggest Cricket
Stadium, Sardar Vallabhbhai
Stadium will be inaugurated by US
President Donald Trump. Sardar
Vallabhbhai Stadium is in
Explanation: The World’s Biggest Cricket Stadium, the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad – renamed as the Sardar
Vallabhbhai Stadium will be inaugurated by US President Donald Trump during his visit to India.
● The stadium has a capacity of 1.10 lakh people.
03. The government will organise
a “National Organic Food
Festival” for women
entrepreneurs in ________.
D. New Delhi
Explanation: The government will organise an organic food festival for women entrepreneurs
“National Organic Food Festival” from February 21-23 in New Delhi.
● The theme of this festival is ”Unleasing India’s Organic Market Potential”.
Who among the following Indian-
origin UK Minister will lead the UN
A. Debashis Panda
B. Alok Sharma
D. Usha Thapa
Explanation: Indian-origin Alok Sharma was named the new UK Minister in charge of the crunch UN climate talks
to be hosted by Britain this November.
● He will take charge of the crucial summit ‘COP26′ as its former president was removed amid
controversy just weeks ago.
05. Delhi has been paired with
________ under Ek Bharat,
Shreshtha Bharat programme
D. Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: Ek Bharat shreshth Bharat abhiyan focused campaign is underway in the country.
● National Capital Delhi has been paired with Sikkim under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme.
06. Recently, Deep Kalra has stepped
down from the post of group chief
A. OYO Rooms
Explanation: Deep Kalra, group chief executive of Nasdaq-listed MakeMyTrip, has stepped down.
● Rajesh Magow, who was heading its India business, taking over Kalra’s role.
07. Who among the following has
been appointed as the director of
cricket of the United Arab
A. Robin Singh
B. Rohan Shaw
C. Akshat Patil
D. Abhinav Raj
Explanation: Former India all-rounder Robin Singh was appointed director of cricket of the United Arab
● The 56-year-old’s appointment comes following the sacking of Dougie Brown as head coach.
08. Due to coronavirus, The
Economist Intelligence Unit has
revised its global growth forecast
for 2020 to _______.
Explanation: The Economist Intelligence Unit has revised downwards its global growth
forecast for 2020 to 2.2 per cent, from 2.3 percent previously.
● It has lowered the forecast due to the new risks that have emerged
following the novel coronavirus outbreak in China.
09. Recently, Wendell Rodricks
passed away. He was a famous
A. Fashion Designer
B. Freedom Fighter
Explanation: Noted fashion designer and Padma Shri awardee Wendell Rodricks passed away.
● He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2014 and was a recipient of Chevalier de I’Ordre des
Arts et Lettres (Knight of the order of arts and letters) in 2015.
10. Who among the following is the
author of the book ‘The Crossfire
A. Ajay Mohan
B. Preeti Shenoy
C. Savi Sharma
D. Dhiren Tiwari
Explanation: Filmmaker and screenwriter Abhinav Kashyap of the ‘Dabangg’ fame recently unveiled the novel ‘The
Crossfire of Love’, a racing psychological romantic thriller by US-based author Dhiren Tiwari.
● The novel is an explosive #MeToo story told from the perspectives of Saira, a failed journalist
obsessed with reviving her career.