Current Affairs 18th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Who among the following has been
appointed the new chairman of the
Central Board of Secondary
A. Rajeev Garg
B. Manoj Ahuja
C. Aman Shrivastav
D. Anuj Anand
Explanation: Odisha cadre IAS Manoj Ahuja has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of
Secondary Education (CBSE).
● Ahuja is currently working as Special Director, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of
Administration, Department of Personnel and Training.
● Ahuja will replace Anita Karwal as the chairman of the CBSE.
02. Recently, Di Gregorio has been
given a four-year ban after the
conclusion of the 2018 doping
case. He is associated with which
of the following sports?
Explanation: French cyclist Rémy Di Gregorio has been banned for four years after the conclusion of a doping case which began in 2018.
● Di Gregorio was provisionally suspended after testing positive for darbepoetin, a form of the blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO).
● The substance is often known under the brand name Aranesp.
● Di Gregorio, now 34, was arrested by French police at the 2012 Tour de France, leading to his then team Cofidis suspending and withdrawing him from the race.
03. Who among the following has
been nominated by India
Football Federation (AIFF) for this
year’s Arjuna Award?
A. Sandesh Jhingan
B. N Bala Devi
C. Nikhil Poojari
D. A and B
Explanation: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has nominated Sandesh Jhingan and N Bala Devi for this
year’s Arjuna Award.
● Arjuna Award is an honour bestowed by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to recognise the
achievement of athletes.
● In January this year, Bala became the Indian woman professional footballer to play in Europe.
● Jhingan, who made his international debut in football in 2015 and is a regular in the national team.
04. Recently, Which of the
following city has mandated the
digital payment for all home
A. New Delhi
Explanation: The Gujarat government has mandated the digital payment for all home delivery services in
● This step has been taken by the state government in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through
● Hence the Cash On Delivery (COD) option will not be available to the customers.
05. Recently, Telia Rumal from which
of the following state received
Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
Explanation: The Telia Rumal of Telangana have received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical
● Telia Rumal cloth involves complex handmade work with cotton loom which can be only created by using
the traditional handloom process and not by any other mechanical means.
● The Teila rumal exhibits a variety of designs and motifs in three particular colours namely red, black and white.
06. Former National Champion
Manmeet Singh Walia passed
away. He was associated with
which of the following sports?
D. Table Tennis
Explanation: Former national table tennis champion Manmeet Singh Walia, who was suffering from rare ALS disease for
nearly two years, has died.
● Manmeet was suffering from ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), a disease that causes motor neuron
degeneration, leading to voluntary muscle impairment.
● Manmeet became the national champion in 1989 when he beat S Sriram in the men’s singles final in
07. Which of the following state has
decided to develop its own
standard operating procedure
(SOP) for tourists visiting the
Explanation: Goa will soon develop its own standard operating procedure (SOP) for tourists visiting the state.
● After attending the video conference meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Chief Ministers over
COVID-19, Sawant said that inter-state movement should be allowed in a restricted manner as neighbouring
states of Karnataka and Maharashtra witnessing a spike in cases.
08. Which of the following state has
become the first state to regulate
the cultivation of crops by telling
farmers what to grow?
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Telangana has become the first state to regulate the
cultivation of crops by telling farmers what to grow as a part
of its pilot project.
● Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao issued a
the statement saying that the state will limit the growing of paddy
to 50 lakh acres.
● The government also limited the cultivation of another crop,
red gram, to 10 lakh acres. Besides this, the state will soon
make an announcement regarding what crop will be
cultivated in which areas.
09. NISAR satellite is a joint project
between NASA and _________.
B. Indian Space Research Organization
D. European Space Agency
Explanation: The NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) satellite is expected to be launched by 2022 as
India and the US have decided to share Space Situational Awareness Information.
● The space agencies of the two countries had signed an agreement in 2014 to conduct the joint
NISAR mission to co-develop and launch a dual-frequency synthetic aperture radar on an Earth
10. Which of the following became the
first state in the country to fix the
floor price for vegetables?
D. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Kerala becomes the first state in the country to fix the
floor price for vegetables.
● The floor price will be 20 per cent above the production
cost of the vegetable.