Current Affairs 18th February 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
11. Recently, which state government has launched a scheme to boost the start-up ecosystem?
12. Which state has set up first of its kind botanical garden named as ‘Shivalik Arboretum’ for
conserving over 210 species of trees found in Shivalik range of Himalayas?
Answer: Uttarakhand (in Nainital)
13. Which Union Territory has become first Union territory/region to become Covid-19 free in India with
active cases falling to zero?
Answer: Andaman and Nicobar Islands
14. Which state government has launched the Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise
Pneumonia Successfully (SAANS) campaign with the aim of reducing infant mortality due to
Answer: The health department of Madhya Pradesh
The state government has also developed training modules in partnership with PGIMER, Chandigarh, and
16. The third phase of Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar mela was held in ____________ on February 6, 2021.
The event was attended by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. The Assam government will be
distributing the financial assistance of 3 thousand rupees to each of 7.5 lakh people who belong to tea sector.
17. India’s first thunderstorm research testbed will be established in________________________. The
Thunderstorm Research Testbed is being established with the objective to minimalize the human
fatalities and loss of property because of the lightning strikes.
Answer: Balasore, Odisha
18. Recently, the Villupuram district administration of which state has issued the first declaration under
the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
Answer: Tamil Nadu
The declaration was issued in a bid to declare Kaliveli wetlands as a bird sanctuary.
19. Recently, in which state Lithium deposits have been found?
The Central Government has confirmed in a written reply to Lok Sabha about the presence of 1600 tonnes of
lithium deposits in the Mandya district of Karnataka. However, the significance and the quantity of lithium
in the region can only be confirmed after exploring the entire area.
20. Who has been appointed as Acting Chief of Staff of US space agency National Aeronautics and
Space Administration (NASA)?
Answer: Indian-American Bhavya Lal
She will also serve as the senior advisor for budget and finance at NASA.
21. Amazon Inc founder and CEO, Jeff Bezos has announced that he will step down as CEO of the
company and become Executive Chairman with effect from July 01, 2021. He will be succeeded
Answer: Andy Jassy.
21.Recently, which ‘launch vehicle’ become 1st commercial space launch vehicle that is powered by
Answer: Stardust 1.0, USA
22. Which country has approved a project to build the world’s first energy island, in the North Sea?