Current Affairs 24th March 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
01. Which is the happiest country according to the UN world happiness report 2021?
Explanation: Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world.
• The World Happiness Report 2021, issued by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network,
focuses on the effects of Covid-19 and how people all over the world have thrived.
• Finland, Denmark, and Switzerland are the top three happiest countries.
• Finland has widespread welfare benefits, low levels of corruption, a well-functioning democracy, and an instilled sense of freedom and independence.
• Finland has been named the happiest place in the world for the last four years.
02. which a mentoring program for girls studies in its school
Explanation: The Delhi government Saturday launched a mentoring program for girls studying in its schools.
• This program aims to encourage them to participate in Science, Technology, Engineering, and
• Under the ‘Education Mentoring Programme’ Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University of Women will
mentor 1,000 girls enrolled in government schools.
• The mentor students will be from courses like BTech, MTech, Ph.D., and MBA.
• Later the program will be estimated to cover 10,000 to 15,000 school girls.
03. Who won the ET award 2020 for the “business reform, end of the year”?
A.MD Aditya Puri
Explanation: Shaktikanta Das is the 25th governor of the Reserve Bank of India since 2018.
• He won the ET award of 2020 for the Business reformer of the year for the corporate
• The jury for the ET award 2020 for corporate excellence is Sundar Pichai. He is the CEO of
Google and Alphabet.
• MD Aditya Puri is awarded an ET award for the lifetime achievement award.
• Adar Poonawalla won the ET award 2020 for the Entrepreneur of the year.
• Devendra fadnavis won the ET award in 2019 for the “Business reformer of the year“. The
Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence are also referred to as ET Awards are
awarded by The Economic Times in the field of business, corporate and government policies,
economies in India.
04. Introduction of which policy has led the Government of Transport in India to create 3.7 crore job
opportunities and the removal of existing toll collection in a year?
A.Vehicle exchange policy
B.Vehicle destruction policy
C.Vehicle modification policy
D.Vehicle Scrappage policy
Explanation: Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari announced on Wednesday that the introduction of Vehicle Scrappage policy
will create almost 3.7 crore job opportunities in the country.
Additional GST revenue will generate 30 to 40 thousand crore rupees with this move.
• About the Policy:
The policy is aimed at reducing the population of old and defective vehicles, bringing down vehicle air
pollutants, improving road as well as vehicle safety.
Customers will get scrap value for the old vehicle from the scrapping Centre, which is approximately 4-6 percent of the ex-showroom price of a new vehicle.
Vehicle owners may get higher value for scrapping old ones.
Rules for fitness tests and scrapping centers will come into effect from 1 st October’2021.
05. Which player has become the first Indian to book a spot in Tokyo Olympic
B. MC Mary Kom
C.Achanta Sharath Kamal
Explanation: Table tennis ace Achanta Sharath Kamal on Thursday became the first Indian to book a
spot at the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games after he defeated Pakistani opponent
Muhammad Rameez in the second men’s singles round-robin in the South Asia group
at the Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament at Doha on Thursday.
Tokyo Olympic Games 2021
• Tokyo was selected as the host city during the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires,
Argentina, on 7 September 2013.
• The Tokyo Olympics 2020 will be celebrated from 23 July to 8 August 2021 in the
The capital city of Japan
06. Who is the second batsman in the world to score the most runs in T20
C. Martin Guptil
D. Rohit Sharma
Explanation: Rohit Sharma created history in the T20 International match played between India and England on
20th March 2021.
He left behind the records of Chris Gayle and Guptill.
Chris Gayle hits five or more sixes in T20 International matches 9 times whereas Rohit Sharma hits five or more sixes in T20 International matches 10 times.
Rohit Sharma has now scored 2864 runs in T20 Internationals.
Martin Guptill has 2839 runs in the T20 International.
Virat Kohli is the most runs scorer player in the T20 International matches.
07. When United Nations French language day is celebrated?