Current Affairs 14th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following country is
developing wooden satellites to
prevent space junk?
Explanation: A Japanese company and Kyoto University have joined forces to develop what they hope will be the world’s first satellites made out of
wood by 2023.
● Space junk is becoming an increasing problem as more satellites are launched into the
● Wooden satellites would burn up without
releasing harmful substances into the
atmosphere or raining debris on the ground
when they plunge back to Earth.
02. Which city’s Municipal Corporation has
been selected as the best performing
the civic body in India?
C. Greater Visakhapatnam
Explanation: The Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation has
been announced as the best performing civic body in
● It was chosen under the annual awards for excellence
by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
03. Recently, Pierre Cardin passed
away. He was a/an _______.
C. Fashion designer
Explanation: Pierre Cardin, a renowned fashion designer, was celebrated for his avant-garde styles in the 1960s and 70s passed away.
● Pierre Cardin had established his own company and designed costumes and masks for the theatre before he launched a line of women ’s clothing in a department store
which was then followed by a boutique store for men.
04. Who among the following has won
the DRDO’s “Scientist of the Year”
A. Rajat Rastogi
B. Hemant Kumar Pandey
C. Pavan Tyagi
D. Randeep Ahuja
Explanation: Senior scientist Hemant Kumar Pandey has been honoured
with DRDO’s ”Scientist of the Year Award”.
● He has been awarded for his contribution in developing
several herbal medicines, including the popular drug
Lukoskin meant for the treatment of leucoderma.
05. Recently, AU Small Finance Bank
has partnered with _________ to
offer life insurance solutions.
A. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
B. HDFC ERGO
C. IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
D. TATA AIG
Explanation: AU Small Finance Bank has announced a strategic
partnership with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance to offer life
● The tie-up aims to deliver “paperless, secure, and hassle-free
06. Indian will carry out ‘SKYROS’
wargames with ________.
Explanation: In a major development amid the ongoing border conflict with
China, Rafale fighter jets of India and France will carry out
wargames codenamed Exercise SKYROS in Jodhpur in the third
week of January next year.
● This would be the first major wargame of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
involving the Rafale fighters which were inducted into the service in
August 2020 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government.
07. Recently, The Union Minister of Earth
Sciences, Science virtually
inaugurated the first of its kind digital
a platform for Ocean Data Management
named as __________.
B. “”Digital Ocean””
C. “”My Ocean””
D. “”Jal Sagar””
Explanation: The Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Science & Technology, Dr.Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated the web- based application “Digital Ocean”.
● Digital Ocean is a first of its kind digital platform for Ocean
● Digital Ocean will serve as a one stop-solution for all the data
related to the ocean.
08. Which of the following state has
made the submission of annual
property statement by elected
representatives, govt servants
A. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Government of Odisha has made the submission of
annual property statements by elected representatives
and government servants mandatory.
● A proposal to this effect was approved by the state
cabinet held under the chairmanship of chief minister
● People’s Representatives right from the chief minister
down to the sarpanch and government employees from
the entry-level right up to the chief secretary, will now
have to file annual property statements every year.
09. Recently, Arya Rajendran has
became India’s youngest mayor at
21. He has been elected as the
mayor of __________.
Explanation: Arya Rajendran, a 21 -year -old college student, became the
mayor of Thiruvananthapuram after winning the elections
from the Mudavanmugal ward of Kerala.
● With this, Arya became India’s youngest mayor at 21. A second -year B.Sc Maths student at the All Saint’s college in the city, Arya is the daughter of Rajendran, who is an electrician, and Sreelatha who is a Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) agent.
10. Which of the following Municipal
Corporation recently signed an
MoU with UNDP India to co-create
India’s first Social Impact Bond
A. Vadodara Municipal
B. Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal
C. Guwahati Municipal
D. Raipur Municipal Corporation
Explanation: Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) recently signed an MoU with UNDP India to co-create India’s first Social Impact Bond (SIB).
● As part of this unique investment tool, the PCMC administration
will only have to bear the costs of a public welfare project
associated with the bond if the pre-defined project targets are fulfilled.
● This type of bond lays down the outcome-based targets to be achieved at the start of the contract.