Current Affairs MCQ For 4th May 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, State level civil service, etc.
01. World Asthma Day is observed every year on the first ___________of May.
Explanation: World Asthma Day is observed every year on the first Tuesday of May and this year it falls on May 4.
• It is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) in collaboration with health
care groups and asthma educators, to spread awareness and care around the world.
• The day aims to educate people on how best to get control over this respiratory problem and other
• The first World Asthma Day was celebrated in 1998 in more than 35 countries along with the first
World Asthma Meeting held in Barcelona, Spain.
• The theme for World Asthma Day 2021 is “Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions”.
02. Union Cabinet has given approval to the signing of MoU between India and which country on ‘Global Innovation Partnership’?
a) the United Kingdom
Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given approval to the
signing of MoU between India and United Kingdom on Global Innovation Partnership .
• The MoU was signed between the External Affairs Ministry and Foreign, Commonwealth and
Development Office of the United Kingdom.
• Through this MoU, India and United Kingdom have agreed to launch the Global Innovation
• It will support Indian innovators to scale up their innovations thereby helping them explore
new markets and become self sustainable.
• The innovations selected under Global Innovation Partnership (GIP) would accelerate the
achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
• It will also develop an open and inclusive e-market place (E-BAAZAR) for cross border
03. RBI has proposed term liquidity facility of how much amount to ease access to
emergency health services?
a) Rs 50,000 crore
b) Rs 20,000 crore
c) Rs 10,000 crore
d) Rs 70,000 crore
Explanation: RBI on the basis of continuous assessment of the macroeconomic situation and financial market conditions,
proposed the Term Liquidity Facility of 50,000 crore rupees to Ease Access to Emergency Health Services.
• An on-tap liquidity window of 50,000 crore rupees with tenors of up to three years at the repo rate is being opened till March 31, 2022.
• It is aimed to boost provision of immediate liquidity for ramping up COVID related healthcare infrastructure and services in the country.
• Under the scheme, banks can provide fresh lending support to a wide range of entities related to the pandemic.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
04. Government of which of the following state has launched five- day campaign for early
detection of COVID patients in
d) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh government has launched a five- day campaign for early detection of COVID patients in the villages of the state.
• The special campaign will run for five days till 9th of May in 97,000 villages of the state during which the team of health workers will go door to door for early detection of COVID patients.
• The teams have been provided 10 lakh medicine kits and 10 lakh antigen kits for the identification of patients.
• According to the results of the antigen test, steps for home isolation, institutional quarantine or admission to the hospitals will be taken.
• Quarantine centres have also been prepared in schools and village panchayat buildings.
About Uttar Pradesh: Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath Capital: Lucknow
05. India and which country have
adopted Roadmap 2030 to elevate
bilateral ties to comprehensive
c) the United Kingdom
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart Boris Johnson have adopted an ambitious
‘Roadmap 2030’ to elevate bilateral ties to a ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’.
• The Roadmap will pave the way for a deeper and stronger engagement over the next ten years in the areas of
people to people contacts, trade and economy, defence and security, climate action and health.
• Ministers of both countries launched an ‘Enhanced Trade Partnership’ to unleash the trade potential by
setting an ambitious target of more than doubling bilateral trade by 2030.
• The enhanced trade partnership will generate several thousands of direct and indirect jobs in both the
• Both countries also launched a comprehensive partnership on migration and mobility that will facilitate
greater opportunities for the mobility of students and professionals between the two countries.
06. BCCI has granted “No Objection Certificates” to how many Indian women cricketers to play in the inaugural ‘Hundred’ tournament in the United Kingdom?
Explanation: BCCI has granted “No Objection Certificates” to four Indian women cricketers, including T20 captain
Harmanpreet Kaur, to play in the inaugural ‘Hundred’ tournament.
• The tournament will be played in United Kingdom starting from July 21.
• Opener Smriti Mandhana and all-rounder Deepti Sharma are among the four bound for the 100-ball tournament.
• The name of the fourth player has not been declared yet.
• The tour will begin with a one-off Test at Bristol on June 16 and concludes with the third and final T20I on July 15.
About Board of Control for Cricket ( BCCI): Founded: 1928
President: Sourav Ganguly Headquarters: Mumbai
07. Who among the following has flagged off the first supply of Used Cooking Oil (UCO) based Biodiesel blended Diesel?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Nitin Gadkari
c) Dharmendra Pradhan
d) Arjun Munda
Explanation: Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan remotely flagged off the first supply of Used Cooking Oil (UCO) based Biodiesel blended Diesel from Indian Oil’s Tikrikalan Terminal, Delhi.
• Government had initiated Expressions of Interest for “Procurement of Bio-diesel produced from Used Cooking Oil” on the occasion of World Biofuel Day on 10th August 2019.
• It is termed as landmark in India’s pursuance of Biofuels and will have a positive impact on the environment.
• This initiative will garner substantial economic benefits for the nation by shoring up indigenous Biodiesel supply, reducing import dependence, and generating rural employment.
08. How many states and UT’s have started lifting food grains from FCI for free distribution to poor under
Explanation: Total 28 States and Union Territories have started lifting food grains from Food Corporation of India depots
for free distribution of food grains to poor under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
• Centre had decided to provide free food-grains to nearly 80 crore beneficiaries covered under National Food
Security Act in the month of May and June.
• Under this scheme, 5 kilogram per person per month food grains will be provided to the NFSA beneficiaries belonging to both Antyodaya Anna Yojana and Priority Householders categories.
• Centre will bear the entire cost on implementation of this scheme, without any sharing by States and Union Territories.
About Food Corporation of India (FCI): Founded: 14 January 1965
Headquarters: New Delhi Chairman & Managing Director: Atish Chandra
09. Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI), which is in news is
headquartered in which State/UT?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has welcomed the Department of Telecom (DoT) decision to approve
the applications of telecom service providers for conducting 5G trials.
• Department of Telecom (DoT) has approved applications of telecom service providers (TSPs) like Bharti Airtel,
Reliance JioInfocomm, Vodafone Idea and MTNL for conducting 5G trials.
• Reliance JioInfocomm will also be conducting trials using its own indigenous technology.
• The duration of the trials, at present, is for a period of 6 months. This includes a time period of 2 months for
procurement and setting up of the equipment.
About Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI):
• Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) is an Indian non-governmental trade association and advocacy group
focused mainly on telecommunications industry.
• It was constituted in 1995 as a registered, non-governmental society and is headquartered in New-Delhi.
10. Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
has imposed a monetary
penalty of how much amount
on ICICI Bank for violating
a) Rs 6 crore
b) Rs 3 crore
c) Rs 7 crore
d) Rs 2 crore
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 3 crore on ICICI Bank for certain rule violations.
• The penalty has been imposed for contravention of certain directions issued by the RBI on
‘Prudential Norms for Classification, Valuation and Operation of Investment Portfolio by Banks.
• The penalty has been imposed for shifting certain investments from HTM (held to maturity) category to the AFS (available for sale) category in May 2017.
About ICICI Bank: CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
Founded: June 1994 Headquarters: Mumbai