Current Affairs MCQ For 7th May 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, State level civil service, etc.
01. CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology located in which city, has developed the first specific drug for COVID- 19 treatment?
Explanation: CSIR- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology has developed, possibly the first specific drug for COVID-19 treatment, which contain therapeutic antibodies.
• Drug Controller General of India (DGCI) has given its approval for human trials, Phase-I and Phase-II for the
VINCOV-19 and expected to be tried soon in Delhi and Rajasthan.
• It has been jointly developed by the CCMB, University of Hyderabad and Vins Bioproduct ltd.
• VINCOV-19 is a collection of antibodies from Horses after they got injected inactivated Coronavirus.
• It may be the first specific drug for COVID treatment and it works best when given on the early stage of infection.
About Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB): Established: 1977
Director: Rakesh K. Mishra Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
02. Education minister of which state has launched ‘Auro Scholarship Programme’ of Sri Aurobindo Society for all the scholars of the state?
Explanation: Education Minister of Tripura Ratan Lal Nath launched ‘Auro Scholarship Programme’ of Sri Aurobindo
Society for all the scholars of the state.
• Auro Scholarship Programme, supplies the month-to-month micro-scholarship to the scholars with a
purpose to inspire them in direction of reaching higher studying outcomes.
• The college students have to obtain benchmark efficiency in 10-min curriculum aligned Quizzes
performed on Auro Scholar App.
• The students can win scholarships of upto Rs.1000 every month on achieving good performance in
online curriculum-based assessments.
About Tripura: Governor: Ramesh Bais
Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb Capital: Agartala
03. Who has been appointed as the 38th National President of FICCI Ladies Organisation
(FLO) for the year 2021-22?
a) Sudha Shivkumar
b) Poonam Mahajan
c) Jayanti Dalmia
d) Ujjwala Singhania
Explanation: Ujjwala Singhania has been appointed as the National President of FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO),
the oldest women-led and women-centric business chamber of Southeast Asia.
• She took over as the 38th President of FLO at the FLO’s 37th Annual Session.
• She will focus on empowering women by facilitating an enabling environment that promotes
entrepreneurship, industry participation and economic development of women.
• Ujjwala Singhania is the director of JK International which is a firm that invests through private equity
and venture capital.
• FLO is the women wing of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and was
established in 1983.
04. Which of the following location Wipro Limited, will invest £16 million to set up an
d) Los Angeles
Explanation: Wipro Limited, a leading information technology, consulting and business process services company,
announced the setting up of an Innovation Centre in Holborn, London.
• The company will invest Euro 16 million over the next four years in the 20,000 sq. ft.Innovation Centre.
• The centre will serve as Wipros flagship centre in the United Kingdom and offer technical expertise
to companies in the UK and globally.
• This year marks Wipro’s 75th global anniversary, and 25years in the UK, where it employs over 4000
technology, digital consulting and business management professionals.
About Wipro: Founded: 29 December 1945
CEO: Thierry Delaporte
05. World’s longest pedestrian the suspension bridge has been
opened in which of the following country?
Explanation: The world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge has been completed in northern Portugal.
• The tourist attraction will help revive a region whose economy was devastated by the Covid-19 pandemic.
• UNESCO recognised Arouca Geopark, the 516 metres (1,700 feet) bridge hangs 175 metres above the fast-
flowing River Paiva.
• The bridge broke the record for the longest pedestrian suspension bridge, held since 2017 by the Charles
Kuonen Bridge at Randa, in the Swiss Alps.
• The bridge, which took around two years to build, was a fundamental attraction for the region.
About Portugal: Prime Minister: Antonio Costa
Capital: Lisbon Currency: Euro
06. Indian Navy has deployed how many ships to bring oxygen and medical equipment from various countries?
Explanation: Total seven Indian Naval ships including Kolkata, Kochi, Talwar, Tabar, Trikand, Jalashwa and Airavat have been deployed for shipment of liquid medical oxygen-filled cryogenic containers and associated medical equipment from various countries.
• This has been done in support of the nation’s fight against COVID-19 and as part of
operation ‘Samudra Setu 2’.
• INS Kolkata and INS Talwar, mission deployed in Persian Gulf, were the first batch of ships
that were immediately diverted for the task and entered port of Manama, Bahrain.
• INS Talwar, with 40 Metric Tonne Liquid Medical Oxygen has commenced its journey back to India.
• INS Kolkata has proceeded to Doha, Qatar for embarking medical supplies and will
subsequently, head to Kuwait for embarking Liquid Oxygen tanks.
About Indian Navy: Founded: 26 January 1950
Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
07. A 1200 LPM ( litre per minute) oxygen generation plant has been commissioned at Gandhi Nagar Hospital in which state/UT?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, a 1200 litre per minute (LPM) Oxygen Generation Plant has been commissioned at the old block of Government Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu.
• This has been done in pursuance of the Lieutenant Governor’s directions regarding the augmentation of Oxygen facilities in the hospitals.
• The hospital has been notified as a designated COVID hospital.
• With the commissioning of the plant, the hospital has become self-sufficient in meeting the medical oxygen needs and it can cater to 92 beds at a time.
• The plant will substantially augment the availability of medical oxygen in the present oxygen bank reducing the dependence on manual oxygen cylinders.
08. Government of which of the following state has declared working journalists as Frontline Covid Warriors?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Bihar government has declared working journalists as Frontline Covid Warriors, recognising the risks they undertake to cover the pandemic.
• Working journalists are doing a great service to the state by providing seamless news feed, making people aware of Covid-related issues and are a great support for the war against Covid.
• They will be vaccinated against Covid on a priority basis.
• The active cases have crossed one lakh nine thousand nine hundred forty-five in the state and over three lakh 84 thousand patients have recovered from the infection so far.
About Bihar: Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Chief minister: Nitish Kumar Capital: Patna
09. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a Virtual Summit with the
Prime Minister of which of the following country today?
c) the United Kingdom
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a Virtual Summit with his British counterpart Boris Johnson today.
• India and the United Kingdom have enjoyed a Strategic Partnership since 2004 which has been marked by regular high-level exchanges and growing convergences in diverse areas.
• The Summit will be an important opportunity to elevate multi-faceted strategic ties and enhance cooperation on regional and global issues of mutual interest.
• Both leaders will also discuss Covid-19 cooperation and the global efforts to fight the pandemic.
• A Comprehensive Roadmap 2030 will be launched during the Summit, which will pave the way for further
expanding and deepening India-UK cooperation over the next decade across five key areas.
About the United Kingdom: Prime minister: Boris Johnson
Capital: London Currency: Pound Sterling
10. Who among the following has
been appointed as the Deputy
governor of the Reserve Bank
of India (RBI)?
a) T Rabi Sankar
b) Anand Sinha
c) Rakesh Mohan
d) Vepa Kamesam
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) executive director T Rabi Sankar has been named as the fourth Deputy Governor of the central bank.
• He is in charge of the payments system, fintech, information technology and risk management at the RBI.
• He succeeds B.P Kanungo as the deputy governor, who retired on April 2.
• Rabi Sankar will now join Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Patra and Rajeshwar Rao as the fourth deputy governor of RBI.
• During 2005-11, he was the International Monetary Fund (IMF) appointed consultant to the government and central bank of Bangladesh on developing the bond market and debt management process.
• He also worked with the Ministry of Finance during 2008-2014 on deputation.
• He was made the chairman of RBI subsidiary Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS) in June 2020.
About Reserve Bank of India:
Established: 1 April 1935
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra