Current Affairs For 3rd May 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
460. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) announced that subscriber for
Atal Pension Yojana has crossed ____________________.
Answer: 21 million
The PFRDA also announced that the Assets Under Management (AUM) of the National Pension Scheme is set to
touch Rs 5 lakh crores by the end of September.
461. The Dutch author Marieke Lucas Rijneveld has become the youngest to win the
Answer: International Booker Prize.
He won the prize for his debut novel “The Discomfort of Evening”. The author is to share the prize along with
the book’s translator Michele Hutchinson.
462. Ministry of Tribal Affairs launched Tribal Health and Nutrition portal. What is the name of the portal?
The ministry launched the “ALEKH” e-newsletter on health and nutrition.
463. National Highway Authority of India launched the mobile application called “______________” for geo
tagging the trees along the highways.
Answer: Harit Path
464. The Prime Minister Modi in his Independence Day address mentioned the mega plan of trans-
national electricity grid for supplying solar power. What is the name of the project?
Answer: “One Sun One World One Grid” project.
465. The Indian Railways is constructing world’s tallest pier bridge in which state of India?
The bridge is 141 metres high. It has surpassed the record of 139 metres tall Mala-Rijeka bridge in Montenegro,
Europe. The bridge is a part of the 111 km long Jiribam-Tupul-Imphal railway line project.
466. Assam minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya hasinaugurated India’s longest ropeway across river
The ropeway cut short the travel time by almost an hour. It is 2 km long and the distance is covered in 7
minutes. One-way ride is to cost Rs 60.
467. Which state government has launched the Electronics Manufacturing Policy to bring in Rs 40,000
crores of investment in five years?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
The policy aims to develop Bundelkhand and Purvanchal regions. The policy aims to make Uttar Pradesh a
global electronics hub.
468. Which state Government has launched the ‘Indira Rasoi Yojna’ in order to pay special tribute to the
former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 76th birth anniversary on August 20?
Indira Rasoi is a scheme to provide nutritious food to poor people in urban areas at affordable prices.
469. Which state become first to announce that it will be offering jobs based on the marks secured by
candidates in the common eligibility test (CET) by National Recruitment Agency (NRA)?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to offer jobs on the basis newly approved CET.
470. The International Solar Alliance has held World Solar Technology Summit for the first time in which
Answer: September 8, 2020.
The summit aims to bring the world scientists and engineers together to address the challenges to make energy
471. Which country has proposed the Supply Chain Resilience Initiative?
The initiative aims to reduce the dependency in China. Japan is to be joined by India and Australia. It is a direct
response to companies that are concerned about Chinese political behavior and disruption to supply chain.
472. Central Government has directed to the State governments and the Union Territories that all the
disabled persons should be included under ___________________________.
Answer: National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013
473. The Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana is implemented by which organization?
Answer: Employee State Insurance Corporation.
The scheme was approved under the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948. The scheme aims to support the
people who have lost their jobs due to changing employment pattern due to an international crisis or a