Current Affairs For 29th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
403. The first ever Cannabis Medicine project is to be set up in Jammu and Kashmir in collaboration with
404. Which state has launched a first-of-its-kind state-wide scheme called “GARIMA” to ensure the safety
and dignity of core sanitation workers of the state?
405. Byte Dance a Chinese Company which owns a popular video-sharing app called TikTok choose to
merge with which company?
Answer: Oracle – a US-based firm.
406. India recently became the member of which UN agency?
Answer: United Nation’s Commission on Status of Women (CSW)
It is a body of the prestigious Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
407. What is India rank in the recently released Global Economic Freedom Index 2020?
It is an annual index created in 1995 first by the Heritage Foundation and the Wall Street Journal.
408. Recently, the United Nations released “Levels and Trends in Child Mortality” report. The report says
that child mortality rate of India has declined between 1990 and 2019. It was 126 in 1990 and has now
declined to _____________ in 2019.
Answer: Child Mortality in 2019 is 34
409. On September 10, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya
Sampada Yojana. Along with the scheme, which app was also launched?
Answer: e-Gopala application.
The scheme focuses on sustainable development of fisheries in India. It is to be implemented between 2020-21
and 2024-25. The funds allocated to fisheries under the scheme is Rs 20,050 crores.
410. On September 10, 2020, which scheme was launched by the Department of Posts to ensures
universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of India.
Answer: Five Star Villages
411. Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has recently launched how many bamboo
clusters in nine states?
412. The government introduced the new Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020, that give RBI the
powers to restructure __________________________.
Answer: Cooperative Banks
413. UNICEF (United Nations International Children Education Fund) appointed which Indian actor as its
celebrity advocate for promoting and supporting its work around ending violence against children?
Answer: Ayushmann Khurrana
414. A famous personality who is regarded as Father of India’s Radio Astronomy passed away due to age
related complications in Pune Maharashtra. Name the personality?
Answer: Govind Swarup.
He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental
415. Former Union Minister for Rural Development, Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away at New Delhi
due to post COVID complications. He BELONGS TO WHICH Indian state?
416. Every year International Literacy Day is celebrated on September 8 by the UNESCO and other world
organizations. What was the theme for the year 2020?
Answer: Literacy teaching and learning in COVID-19 crisis and beyond
417. Ministry of Coal and Mines has recently discussed the road map for achieving the 100 million tonnes
(MT) coal gasification target by the year ____________________
Answer: 2030. With the investment of Rs 4 lakh crores.