Current Affairs For 27th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
374. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has chosen Life Insurance
Corporation of India, General Insurance Corporation and New India Assurance Co. Ltd as
Answer: Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs)
They are being chosen on the basis of their size, market importance and interconnectedness.
375. The Reserve Bank of India has introduced a “Positive Pay System” that will come into effect
Answer: January 2021.
The system will make mandatory to re-confirm key details of cheques for the payments beyond Rs 50,000.
Issuer can also submit the details through internet banking, mobile app or ATM.
376. Which Bollywood Actor has been conferred with the prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action
Award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)?
Answer: Sonu Sood.
He has been awarded for his philanthropic work during the coronavirus induced lockdown.
377. Who have become India’s first woman fighter pilot to fly the Rafale aircraft, which was formally
inducted into Indian Air Force recently?
Answer: Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh
378. Reserve Bank of India has roped in which famous personality for the customer awareness campaign
to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters?
Answer: Amitabh Bachchan
379. Personal computers brand Acer India has roped in actor _______________ as its brand ambassador.
Answer: Sonu Sood
380. Who has been appointed as the new chief of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?
Answer: PD Vaghela
381. The World Tourism Day is celebrated on which day of the year?
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has designated year 2020 as the “Year of Tourism
and Rural Development”. The day was celebrated under the theme– Tourism and Rural Development, this
The 74th United Nations General Assembly in 2019 announced that 28th September 2020 would observe the
International Day for Universal Access to Information. 2020 edition of the day is focusing on the right to
information in the times of crisis. It is celebrated to showcase the advantages of statutory and constitutional
policies in order to provide public access to information.
382. India has launched the First Ever Direct Cargo Ferry Service between India and ____________.
383. Which Indian state has launched a ‘Poshan Sarkar’ program for ensuring active participation of local
Bodies-Gram Panchayats and Urban bodies in the Nutrition Campaign?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
384. Which Indian state has launched Cyber Security Policy 2020, Blockchain Policy 2020 and Safe and
Ethical Artificial Intelligence Policy 2020?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
385. India and which other country were elected as Members of the United Nations (UN) Commission
on Status of Women, a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)?
386. Which country became the first country in the world to inaugurate sustainable financing program
for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by issuing a seven-year Sovereign SDGs
387. Which city has topped of “Smart City Index (SCI) 2020” released by Institute for Management
Answer: Singapore City
Singapore City followed by Helsinki (Finland) and Zurich (Switzerland) in the second and the third place
388. World Bank released the report titled “The Human Capital Index 2020 Update: Human Capital in the
time of COVID-19” on September 16, 2020. India has been placed at ________________.
Answer:116th Position. Singapore at top.
389. What is the name of Indian telemedicine services for Doctor-to-Doctor consolations?
Answer: eSanjeevani. Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD)
390. Which body has approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all mandated Rabi
crops for marketing season 2021-22?
Answer: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister