Current Affairs For 26th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
363. Roger Penrose and Reinhard Genzel & Andrea Ghez has been conferred with Nobel Prize in Physics
2020 for their discoveries about_________________.
Answer: Black hole.
Roger Penrose used mathematical methods to prove black holes are direct consequence of Einstein’s general
theory of relativity. Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez bagged the award for the discovery of supermassive
compact object at centre of our galaxy.
364. Which Institute has developed an indigenous microprocessor titled as ‘MOUSHIK’?
Answer: IIT Madras
It is a processor cum System on Chip (SoC) that can execute the instructions and as a SoC, different
components can be attached to it.
It is designed under Shakti Microprocessor programme (Project Shakti) of IIT Madras which is funded by the
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY).
365. Which tech company has launched a nationwide campaign “Make Small Strong” in order to help
support small businesses and drive demand through customer support?
Answer: Google India
‘‘Make Small Strong’ campaign is meant to “rally support from the citizens for small businesses. The citizens
can help small businesses by buying locally,
366. Which state has won the UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) award 2020 for its “outstanding
contribution” towards the non-communicable diseases-related sustainable development goals?
367. The country’s first medical device parks named MedSpark will be established in which state?
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan laid down the foundation stone for Medical Devices Park.
368. International Arbitration Tribunal is a Permanent Court of Arbitration established in 1899. It is
headquartered in _________________________________.
Answer: Hague, Netherlands.
The organization is dedicated to resolve the dispute and facilitate arbitration between States.
369. India has signed an MoU on strategic water partnership to develop better water infrastructure in
India with which country during virtual Water Partnership meeting?
Answer: United Kingdom
370. What is the name of the India-Japan maritime bilateral exercise that began in the North Arabian Sea from
September 26, 2020?
371. Which Indian ministry has released the “Health in India” report?
Answer: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
The main objective of the report was to gather quantitative data on India’s health sector. The report has
highlighted on the health of religious communities across country.
The report highlights that around 7.5% of Indians suffered from ailments.
6.8% suffered from ailments in the rural area while in Urban area, the numbers were high at 9.1%.
372. Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has opened its third branch office in which
It already has branch offices in Chennai and Hyderabad.
IREDA works under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) with registered office in New Delhi.
373. Who has released Cyber Security Vision Framework under the title ‘Technology Vision for Cyber
Security’ for Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) – 2020-2023?
Answer: The Reserve Bank of India
The framework is aimed at achieving its objectives through five pillared strategic approach:
• Governance Oversight.
• Utile Technology Investment
• Appropriate Regulation and supervision.
• Robust Collaboration.
• Developing IT and Cybersecurity Skills Set.