Current Affairs For 25rd APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
353. Which tech company has announced to launch its “mini-app” store to support Indian developers in
taking their products to the masses in line with Google?
354. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has signed an MoU with which company to onboard
street food vendors on its e-commerce platform under PM SVANidhi Scheme?
355. Prasar Bharati has signed an MoU with body to broadcast and promote new agriculture technology
Answer:Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO)
As per the MoU, DD Kisan will broadcast various innovative techniques of agriculture field in easy language
through 30 minutes program series.
356. Which Bank has unveiled an environment-friendly initiative named “IB-eNote” to enable a total
paperless working environment?
Answer: Indian Bank
357. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of State Bank of India (SBI)?
Answer: Dinesh Kumar Khara. He will succeed Rajnish Kumar.
358. Government has named three eminent economists Ashima Goyal, Jayanth R Varma and Shashanka
Bhide as the new members of which body?
Answer:Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
The step is taken as Chetan Ghate, Pami Dua, and Ravindra Dholakia terms ended.
359. Which organization has introduced ‘very high-risk category’ on its Mutual Funds (MF) riskometer
tool, to warn investors, who are investing in mutual fund schemes?
Prior to this, MF risk-o-meter (that indicates risk level of investment) had five categories: low, moderately
low, moderate, moderately high and high. The 6th category will come into effect from 1 January 2021.
360. Which states were ranked 1st under the Swachh Bharat Awards, 2020?
Swachh Bharat Awards 2020 were presented to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats in 3
Gujarat bagged 1st position at state level, while Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu) at district level in Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category
Gujarat and UP were best performing states in Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan category.
Haryana, Telangana bagged top position in Gandagi Mukth Bharat category.
361. The Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal announced the results of the first edition of
National Startup Awards in New Delhi. The awards were given under how many categories?
Awards are given in 12 sectors: Agriculture, Education, Enterprise Technology, Energy, Finance, Food, Health,
Industry and Urban Services
National Startup Awards for Agriculture Productivity: Nava Design and innovation Pvt Ltd.
Clean energy sector: Aloe E cell Pvt Ltd
Satellite technology: Bellatrix Aerospace Pvt Ltd.
362. Harvey J Alter, Charles M Rice (America) and Michael Houghton (British) jointly won the Nobel Prize
for Medicine or Physiology 2020 for the discovery of_______________________________.
Answer: Hepatitis C virus (HCV)