Current Affairs For 1st May 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
432. Which country has launched ‘Agriota’, a new technology-driven Agri-commodity trading and
sourcing e-market platform?
Answer: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
AGRIOTA market platform aims to bridge the gap between millions of rural farmers in India and the Gulf
nation’s food industry.
433. As per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reviewed Priority Sector Lending (PSL) Guidelines, which new
category has been included?
Answer: Financing start-ups (up to Rs 50 crore); loans to farmers for installation of solar power plants for
solarization of grid connected agriculture pumps and loans for setting up Compressed BioGas (CBG) plants.
434. Who has been selected for National Award to Teachers 2020?
Answer:Sudha Painuli, a vice-principal of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) which is established
under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
435. Who has been conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019?
Answer: David Attenborough
He is an English broadcaster and a historian. He is popular for writing and presenting BBC Natural History
436. Former President Pranab Kumar Mukherjee who passed away recently at the Army’s Research and
Referral Hospital, New Delhi, belonged to which Indian state?
Answer: West Bengal
437. On September 6, 2020, a personality who was famous for initiating the historic judgement of
Supreme Court that “Basic Structure of Constitution” cannot be amended by the Parliament, passed way.
Name the personality?
Answer: Kesavananda Bharti
438. National Nutrition Week is an annual nutrition event observed in India during the
st Week of September: 1st September to 7th September. The events of NNW are organized by
the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
439. Which government body has recently launched Nationally Determined Contributions Transport
Initiative for Asia (NDC-TIA)?
Answer: NITI Aayog
The initiative was launched to decarbonize transport and provide technical support on Green Gas emission
reduction measures. The initiative is supported by International Climate Initiative of German Ministry of