Current Affairs For 2nd May 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
440. The Indian Railways has solarized how many railway stations to achieve the objective of becoming
100% self-sustainable for all its power needs?
Answer:960 Railway Stations
441. The New Delhi Railway Station is to be redeveloped by the which agency at the cost of Rs 6,500
Answer: Rail Land Development Authority
442. Which state will set up first of its kind in India International Women Trade Centre as per terms
defined under United Nations Sustainable Development goals?
443. Which state became the first to launch first sea plane services of India?
The first seaplane is to take off from Sabarmati river front to Statue of Unity in Kevadia in Narmada district.
444. Which State Government passed the resolution to bring the state under Schedule VI of Indian
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
The sixth schedule of the constitution provides for the administration of tribal areas in Assam, Tripura,
Meghalaya and Mizoram.
445. Which state has launched Marine Ambulance services named PRATHEEKSHA to provide more
The Marine Ambulance specializes in providing first aid and also rescue operations.
446. Which state has launched a new scheme ‘Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction
of Bio-flocTechnology during the year 2020-21’?
447. World Health Organization declared Africa polio-free. The disease is now found only in
Answer: Afghanistan and Pakistan.
448. Which country has launched its fifth Gaofen-9 series satellite named “Gaofen-9 05”?
449. Which technology company has launched ‘The Anywhere School’ initiative in more than 250
countries around the world?
The initiative is expected to benefit millions of students who have switched to learning from home, due to the
COVID-19 pandemic. Under the initiative, Google will roll out over 50 new features across products like Google
Meet, Classroom, G Suite and other products.
450. Ministry of Civil Aviation sanctioned how many new routes under 4th round of regional connectivity
So far 766 new routes have been sanctioned under the scheme. The fourth round of UDAN scheme was launched in December 2019 focusing on North-Eastern Regions, Islands and Hilly states. The operation of seaplanes and helicopters was also incorporated under the scheme.