Current Affairs For 20th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
309. Who has been elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks Association (IBA), for the term 2020-21?
Answer: Rajkiran Rai G
310. Who has authored the new book titled “The Battle of Belonging”?
Answer: Shashi Tharoor
311. Name the renowned Malayalam Poet who has passed away recently and was the last Malayalam
poet to be called as ‘Mahakavi’?
Answer: Mahakavi’ Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri. He is a recipient of Jnanpith Award (2019).
312. The United Nations (UN)’s World Food Day is annually celebrated on ______________ to commemorate
the founding date of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the UN in 1945.
Answer: October 16
Year 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of FAO. Theme of World Food Day 2020– “Grow, Nourish, Sustain.
313. India’s premium cotton would be known by what name in the world cotton trade?
Answer: Kasturi Cotton
The Kasturi Cotton brand will represent Whiteness, Brightness, Softness, Purity, Luster, Uniqueness and
314. The central government has abolished the interview for recruitment in government jobs in how
many states and UTs?
Answer: 23 states and 8 Union Territories
315. Which tech company in association with International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad (IIIT-H), has set up an artificial intelligence research Centre in Hyderabad?
Answer: Intel India
On the inaugural session of “all.ai 2020 Virtual Summit” on October 13, 2020, the Intel India announced the
launch of an applied artificial intelligence (AI) research (INAI) center in Hyderabad.
316. Which state government has announced a ‘Digital Seva Setu’ programme to ensure optimum
utilisation of technology for public welfare in rural areas?
317. Which state government has launched “Lab on Wheels” to test the water quality in the state under
Jal Jeevan Mission?
318. Which state has become the first state in the country that has made the public education