Current Affairs For 14th MAY 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
01.In recent days, which of the following state have been launched a Mission For supply the oxygen?
Explanation: Maharashtra’s state government recently unveiled the “Maharashtra Mission Oxygen.” The state’s regular output will be boosted to 3,000 tonnes under the mission. The mission has been given Rs 200 crores by the state government. It will provide exclusive offers to private players who agree to serve as oxygen generation units.
02. Government of which of the following state will offer free treatment to Mucormycosis patients?
Explanation: The patients of Mucormycosis will be treated free of cost under Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojana of the Maharashtra government.
• Mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection which is now affecting those suffering from
• The medicines required for the treatment of this disease are expensive, therefore the
state has decided to provide free treatment for this disease.
03. Government of which State/UT will pay monthly stipend to MBBS students who would render services in COVID hospitals?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Madhya Prades
Explanation: In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, monthly stipend shall be paid to the final year MBBS students who would render services in various Covid hospitals.
• The announcement was made by the Mission Director, National Health Mission (NHM) Jammu and Kashmir, Chaudhary Mohd Yasin.
• The administration has called upon the health institutions across Jammu and Kashmir to utilize the services of final year MBBS students.
• The students would provide services like tele-consultations and monitoring of mild Covid cases after due orientation and supervision of senior faculty.
• A monthly stipend of Rs 5,000 shall be paid, under Covid-19 Emergency Response Package (ECRP) of National Health Mission (NHM), who work for at least 100 days for Covid care.
04. Which has become the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory, by ensuring that every rural home gets a household tap connection?
Explanation: Jal Jeevan Mission is a flagship programme which aims to provide tap water connection to every rural household of the country by 2024.
• Puducherry has become the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory by ensuring that every rural home gets
a household tap connection under Central Government’s flagship programme, Jal Jeevan
• Puducherry has now become the fourth state or UT after Goa, Telangana and Andaman and Nicobar Islands to provide assured tap water supply to every rural home.
• All 1.16 lakh rural households in Puducherry have tap water supply now.
• The State of Punjab and the UTs of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu have also
crossed the milestone of covering 75 per cent of rural homes with assured tap water suppl
05. hich among the following
country has send oxygen
plant with capacity of
generating 4 lakh litres of
oxygen to India?
Explanation: Germany has sent an oxygen plant with a capacity of generating 4 lakh litres of oxygen.
• This has been done in support of India’s efforts to fight the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The massive Oxygen Generation Plant will serve the Sardar Vallabhai Patel COVID Hospital in Delhi which is being operated by the DRDO.
• German Ambassador to India Walter Lindner inspected the plant and oversaw the test run of the plant
06. NITI Aayog and which organization has released report titled ‘Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat’?
b) Google Pay
Explanation: NITI Aayog and Mastercard released a report titled ‘Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat’.
• The report identifies challenges in accelerating digital financial inclusion in India and provides recommendations for making digital services accessible to its 1.3 billion citizens.
• The key recommendations include strengthening the payment infrastructure to promote a level playing field for Non Banking Financial Companies and banks.
• It includes digitizing registration and compliance processes and diversifying credit sources to enable growth opportunities for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
• The report also includes building information sharing systems and ensuring that online digital commerce platforms carry warnings to consumers to the risk of frauds.
07. Name the Foreign Secretary of India who welcomed new US Charge d’Affaires Ambassador Daniel B. Smith.
a) Rajiv Kumar
b) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
c) Rahul Chhabra
d) Vikas Swaru
Explanation: Foreign Secretary Harsh V Shringla welcomed new US Charge d’Affaires Ambassador Daniel B. Smith.
• During the virtual interaction, he conveyed appreciation for USA’s solidarity and assistance in dealing with the current COVID pandemic situation.
• Both agreed to work together in enhancing vaccines and essential pharma cooperation, including raw materials supply.
• Both the countries are looking forward to maintaining the upward trajectory of the strategic partnershi
08. National Horticulture Board (NHB), located in which state has cleared a record 1278 subsidy applications for integrated development of hitech commercial horticulture in India?
Explanation: National Horticulture Board (NHB) has cleared a record 1278 subsidy applications for integrated development of hi-tech commercial horticulture in the country.
• NHB is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare located in Patna, Bihar.
• This includes promotion of post-harvest and cold chain infrastructure during the last one year which were pending since long.
• During the last one year, the subsidy has been released to 357 beneficiaries while 921 new projects have been approved.
• The board has also taken a lot of steps for ease of doing business by simplification of scheme guideline, documentation and processing process of new application
09. Fortunato Franco, who died at the age of 84 years, was
associated with which of the following sports?
Explanation: ormer India international footballer Fortunato Franco breathed his last at the age of 84 in Goa.
• He was an integral part of the Indian football team which won the Gold medal at the 1962
• He was born in 1937 in Colvale, Goa and he moved to Mumbai with his family at the age of 6.
• He represented Maharashtra and captained the state team in the Santosh Trophy and played
for Western Railways and Tata Football Club in Mumbai.
• He made his international debut at the Rome Olympics in the year 1960.
10. Which of the following day is observed as the National Technology Day that marks the anniversary of the Pokhran nuclear tests of 1998?
a) May 19
b) May 11
c) May 16
d) May 25
Explanation: National Technology Day is celebrated every year on May 11 to highlight the achievements of engineers and scientists in the field of technology and science.
• This day marks the anniversary of Pokhran nuclear tests of 1998 and India’s technological
advancements in this space.
• The day was first of all observed on May 11, 1999.
• Every year since 1999, the Technology Development Board (TDB) commemorates the day by honouring technological innovations that have added to the national growth