Current Affairs For 15th MAY 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, et.
01.international Nurses and Midwives Day is celebrated every year on which date?
- a) May 18
- b) May 12
- c) May 26
- d) May 1
Explanation: International Nurses and Midwives Day is celebrated every year on May 12 globally to appreciate the nurses’ efforts.
- This day is also marked as the anniversary of Florence Nightingale, founder of modern nursing.
- The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day since 1965.
- According to the WHO, 9 million more nurses and midwives are required by 2030 so that all countries
02. Ministry of Power has taken measures to ensure uninterrupted power supply to how many major identified oxygen plants across country?
Explanation: Ministry of Power has taken a number of pro-active, preventive and remedial measures to ensure that there is
uninterrupted power supply to Oxygen Plants by the State Utilities in view of the COVID pandemic.
• The Ministry is monitoring the power supply to 73 major identified Oxygen Plants across the country.
• Out of these, 13 Oxygen Plants supply oxygen to the NCR region.
• The proactive measures include daily review by Secretary, Power and Round the Clock operation of Control Room.
• All issues related to 24×7 power supply to Oxygen Plants will be discussed and interventions are planned and executed in a time-bound manner
03. nam e the current Chief of the Army Staff who reviewed the security situation in Rajouri and Akhnoor.
a) Bikram Singh
b) Vijay Kumar Singh
c) Manoj Mukund Naravane
d) Bipin Rawa
Explanation: General M M Naravane, was on a two day visit to the White Knight Corps and the forward areas
including Aknoor, Rajouri and Naushera.
• He reviewed the prevailing security situation, operational preparedness, COVID-19 Management
and the assistance provided to the Veterans and the people of the region in India’s fight against
• He visited the Military Hospital at Jammu and reviewed the medical preparedness for COVID -19.
• He appreciated the vital critical care being provided by the doctors and health care workers and awarded them appropriately
04. World Health Organization (WHO) India visited the 500-bedded Sardar
Patel COVID Care Centre at which State/UT?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Madhya Prades
Explanation: A team of World Health Organization, WHO India visited the 500-bedded Sardar Patel COVID Care Centre at Chhatarpur, New Delhi.
• The team praised the ITBP team of Doctors, paramedic and stress counsellors and Doctors from other
Central Armed Police Forces for well-placed mechanisms for the COVID care anagement at the facility.
• The team also interacted with the health care and frontline workers at the Centre and witnessed the entire operation of the facility.
• At present, there are more than 350 patients admitted to the Centre who are being treated on oxygen suppport.
05. government of which state has decided to provide free COVID treatment to beneficiaries of PM-JAY scheme in registered private
b) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Himachal Pradesh Government has decided to provide free COVID treatment to the beneficiaries of Himcare and
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana in registered private hospitals of the state.
• Around 9 lakh 29 thousand beneficiaries covered under Him care and Ayushman Bharat health scheme would now get free treatment of COVID 19 in private hospitals.
• The state government has also decided to prioritize certain sections of the society for vaccination keeping in view the nature of their wor
06. black Fungal Infection’ treatment units with the operation
theatres (OTs) is proposed to be opened in which of the following state?
d) Both a and b
Explanation: lack fungal infection’ treatment units with operation theatres (OTs) will be opened in Bhopal and Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
• In the Medical Colleges of Bhopal and Jabalpur, there will be 10 beds in each unit to treat this disease.
• The Operation theatres (OTs) will be well-staffed with medical experts for surgery.
• A team of doctors from four departments-ENT, ophthalmology, medicine, and neurology-will be working at
07. ho among the following chaired a high-level meeting to review the
availability and supply of oxygen and medicines?
a) Amit Shah
b) Narendra Modi
c) Harsh Vardhan
d) Thawar Chand Gehlot
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a high-level meeting to review the availability and supply of oxygen and medicines.
• Government is actively monitoring the supply of drugs being used in the management of COVID as well Mucormycosis.
• Prime Minister also took stock of the oxygen availability and supply in the country.
• India has a very vibrant Pharma sector and that the Government’s continued coordination with them will ensure proper availability of all Medicines.
08. what is the outlay of Production Linked Incentive
(PLI) Scheme for Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery
Storage approved by the Government?
a) Rs 18,100 crore
b) Rs 15,200 crore
c) Rs 25,100 crore
d) Rs 11,400 cro
Explanation: Union Cabinet has approved the Production-Linked Incentive Scheme for the Advanced
Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery Storage with an outlay of 18 thousand 100 crore rupees.
• The move aims to achieve a manufacturing capacity of 50 GigaWatt Hour of ACC and five Giga
Watt Hour of Niche ACC.
• The Scheme will also give a big push to electric mobility, benefiting three-wheelers, four-wheelers
and heavy vehicles.
• India is currently importing Battery Storage Equipment worth 20 thousand crore rupees and the scheme will be helpful in making the country self-reliant.
09. cabinet has approved MoU between Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Qatar Financial Centre Authority. ICAI
is headquartered in__________.
Explanation: Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi gave its approval to the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between
the Qatar Financial Centre Authority (QFCA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
• The signed MoU will benefit the Qatar Financial Centre Authority and Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Institute of
Chartered Accountants of India.
• It will enhance the cooperation between the institutes to work together for strengthening the accounting profession
and entrepreneurship base in Qatar.
10. w which among the following he bank has launched video KYC
account opening facility?
a) City Union Bank
b) Bandhan Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) South Indian Bank
Explanation: South Indian Bank has rolled out Video KYC Accounting Opening facility.
• This digital initiative will enable the customer open an account through a video call just with the help
of PAN and Aadhaar number of the customer.
• Video KYC Account Opening is an Artificial Intelligence and Facial Recognition Technology based
account opening process.