Current Affairs 4th august 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following platform has started the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Logo Design Contest on its website?
Explanation: Government is looking to have a distinct identity for ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ by developing a logo based on creative and innovative inputs from the citizens of the country.
● MyGov.in platform has started the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Logo Design Contest on its website where Indian Citizens can submit their entries without any hassle through online medium.
● The winning logo will be awarded a cash prize of 25 thousand rupees.
02. All of the states will be covered under One Nation One Ration card by ________.
A. 31 September 2020
B. 30 November 2020
C. 31 January 2021
D. 31 March 2021
Explanation: Ambitious One Nation One Ration card scheme has been extended to
four more states. They are Manipur, Nagaland, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
● With this, now 24 states have the facility of ration card portability covering more than 65 crore beneficiaries of National Food Security Act.
● By 31st March next year, all the states will be covered under One Nation One Ration card so that all 81 crore beneficiaries can avail the benefit under this scheme.
03. Who among the following recently launched ‘Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2020-21’?
A.Dr Harsh Vardhan
B. Prakash Javadekar
C. Ramesh Pokhriyal
D. Ravi Shankar Prasad
Explanation: Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan, 2020-21.
● This initiative is a national programme for popularizing science among school students of Class 6th to 11th.
● It was designed to identify the bright minds with a scientific aptitude among the student community.
04. Which of the following state celebrated its monsoon festival ‘Aadi Perukku’?
C. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Aadi Perukku, also known as the Aadi monsoon festival, is being celebrated in Tamil Nadu.
● The festival falls on the 18th day of the Tamil month of Adi (mid-July to mid-August) and is celebrated as a tribute to water’s life-sustaining properties.
● It takes the form of thanking Cauvery river for flowing in plenty, thus ensuring a good agricultural harvest during the year.
05. Asia’s largest dairy, Banas dairy has come up with an innovative project to produce CNG from animal dung. Banas dairy is in ________.
Explanation: Gujarat based and Asia’s largest Banas dairy had come up with an innovative project to produce CNG from animal dung.
● The Chairman of Banas dairy made an official announcement of the project which is claimed to be the country’s first such endeavour.
● Banas dairy started the country’s first CNG pump in which Gober gas is being produced, purified and converted into CNG.
06. Which of the following ecommerce company is supporting artisans in India through its ‘Samarth’ programme?
Explanation: Walmart-owned Flipkart said it supports over six lakh artisans, weavers and craftsmen across the country through its Samarth programme and is working on onboarding more such sellers to the platform.
● The Samarth programme was launched last year, wherein the e-commerce major had partnered with five non- governmental organisations (NGOs) to help artisans use the online marketplace to sell their products.
07. Recently, Kamal Rani Varun passed away due to COVID-19. She was a/an ________.
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh minister Kamal Rani Varun, who had earlier tested positive for the novel coronavirus, died.
● Kamal Rani Varun served as Minister of Technical Education in the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government.
08. Recently, The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has suspended the International commercial flights further till _________.
A. 10 August 2020
B. 31 August 2020
C. 31 July 2020
D. 15 September 2020
Explanation: The Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has suspended the International commercial flights further till August 31, 2020.
● However, only flights approved by DGCA and the international all-cargo flights will continue to operate.
09. Recently, European Union has called for a more united approach from its 27 member countries against an authoritarian China. EU is headquartered in ________.
Explanation: European Union has called for a more united approach from its 27 member countries against an authoritarian China.
● The EU’s High Representative for foreign and security policy, Josep Borrell called for a more coordinated approach among the EU, US and other democratic powers like India.
10. Recently, Which of the following has becomes World’s Most Valuable Company?
Explanation: Apple has surpassed Saudi Aramco to become the world’s most valuable company with a market cap of $1.84 trillion.
● The strong earnings report helped Apple shares closed up 10.47 per cent on to become the world’s most valuable publicly-traded company, surpassing the largest oil producer.