Current Affairs 15th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Kadambur Janarthanan passed away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Former Union Minister and senior AIADMK leader Kadambur
M. R. Janardhanan has passed away following age-related ailments. He was 91
● Janardhanan was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tirunelveli
the constituency for four terms 1984, 1989, 1991 and 1998
● He had also served as Union Minister of State for Personnel,
Public Grievances and Pension with the additional charge of
Minister of State for Finance in the Cabinet headed by Prime
Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee between 1998 and 1999
02. Mayiladuthurai has inaugurated as the 38th District of ________.
C. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami
inaugurated Mayiladuthurai as the 38th district of
● The newly formed district has been carved out of
03. Indian Railways’ new Vistadome coaches have been manufactured at ________.
A. Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
B. Rail Wheel Factory, Bangalore
C. Modern Coach Factory,
D. Integral Coach Factory Chennai
Explanation: The Indian Railways successfully completed
the 180 km per hour speed trial of its new
design Vistadome tourist coaches.
● The luxurious tourists coaches have been
manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in
● These Vistadome coaches will make train
journeys memorable for the passengers, as
well as give a further boost to tourism
04. India’s first pollinator park has been opened in _________.
Explanation: The country ’s first pollinator park with over 40 species of butterflies, honeybees, birds and insects has been developed over four acres at Haldwani, Uttarakhand.
● The objective behind developing the park is to conserve various pollinator species, create awareness among people in general about the importance of conservation of these species and to promote further research on various
aspects of pollination, including a threat to habitat and impact of pollution on pollinators.
05. Which of the following is the first bank to partner with Google Pay for issuing FASTags?
A. HDFC Bank
B. ICICI Bank
C. State Bank of India
D. Dena Bank
Explanation: Private sector lender ICICI Bank has collaborated
with payment app, Google Pay, to issue FASTag to
● The partnership will allow users to order, track, and
recharge ICICI Bank FASTag digitally through the UPI
on Google Pay itself.
● The ICICI Bank is the first bank to partner with
Google Pay for issuing FASTags.
06. Niranjan Banodkar has been appointed as the new Group Chief
Financial Officer (CFO) of _________.
A. Yes Bank
B. IndusInd Bank
C. State Bank of India
D. Axis Bank
The private sector lender Yes Bank has appointed Niranjan
Banodkar as its new Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
● He will take over from Anurag Adlakha, who has been
designated as the new Chief Human Resources Officer
● Both of them will assume the new role with effect from
January 1, 2021.
Banodkar, who started working with Yes Bank in April 2006
is currently Group President & Head of Strategy,
Sustainability & Investor Relations.
07. Who among the following has been conferred with Dr. Narendra Dabholkar Memorial Award?
A. Raj Mohan Unnithan
C. K Muraleedharan
D. K. Veeramani
Explanation: The Dr. Narendra Dabholkar Memorial Award for this year
has been conferred upon Dravidar Kazhagam president K.
● The award was instituted in the memory of Maharashtra based rationalist Dabholkar.
● The U.S. -based Maharashtra Foundation had instituted the
award in his memory, a release issued by the Dravidar
● The award includes ₹1 lakh and a citation. Mr Veeramani has
dedicated his whole life to propagate rationalism and served
for the cause of social justice in society.
08. Who among the following has been conferred Tansen Samman at the World Music Festival?
A. Rahul Sharma
B. Shiv Kumar Sharma
C. Pt Satish Vyas
D. S.N. Tripathi
Explanation: In Madhya Pradesh, 96th Tansen Music Festival began in
Gwalior with strict COVID -19 guidelines in place.
● In the inaugural ceremony renowned santoor player,
Pandit Satish Vyas was conferred upon the prestigious
● Bhopal -based institution Abhinav Kala Parishad was honored with Raja Mansingh Tomar award.
● The festival pays tribute to Tansen, one of 9 gems in
09. Who among the following has been conferred the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’?
A. V.K. Yadav
B. Ashwani Lohani
C. Rishi Kumar Shukla
D. Sudhir Bhargava
Explanation: The chairman & CEO of Railway Board, Vinod Kumar Yadav has been conferred with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the
The year 2020’.
● This award is given by the Institution of Engineering and Technology
(IET) for his outstanding contribution towards modernization and
reforms over Indian Railways.
10. Recently, the government has
approved the export of the
indigenous which of the following
Explanation: The government has approved the export of the indigenous
Akash missile system.
● Under the AtmaNirbhar Bharat, India is growing in its
capabilities of manufacturing a wide variety of Defence
platforms and missiles.
● The Akash missile system is an important defence asset for
the country with over 96 percent indigenization.
● The Akash is a surface-to-air missile with a range of 25