Greetings to the vast realm of thoughts and minds!It’s a chance to test your memory, critical thinking skills, and ability to analyze complex information.
Q1.India has recently launched UPAg, a unified portal for what purpose?
1. Agricultural Marketing
2. Agricultural Statistics
3. Agricultural Research
4. Agricultural Policy Formulation
- The Indian government has introduced a game-changing initiative for the agricultural sector – the UPAg (Unified Portal for Agricultural Statistics). This move is geared towards addressing the intricate governance challenges currently faced by the country’s farming industry.
- The UPAg portal holds the promise of empowering stakeholders with real-time, trustworthy, and standardized information. This newfound accessibility to data is expected to pave the way for more responsive and efficient agricultural policies.
- The UPAg portal’s objective is to unify data into a standardized format, ensuring ease of access and comprehension for users. It will integrate real-time information on prices, production, area, yield, and trade from various sources, offering a comprehensive assessment of agricultural commodities.
Q2.Who is set to inaugurate the 108-feet tall statue of Adi Shankaracharya in Omkareshwar?
3.Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Ans:- 3) Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- On September 18, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will unveil a magnificent 108-feet-tall statue of the revered philosopher Adi Shankaracharya in Omkareshwar. This grand project is aptly named “Eaktmta Ki Pratima” (Statue of Oneness).
- The towering structure stands as a tribute to Adi Shankaracharya, a highly influential and revered figure in Hinduism, celebrated for his profound philosophical contributions. Departing from Omkareshwar at the tender age of 12, he embarked on a transformative journey across the country to disseminate the Advaita Vedanta philosophy and expound its core principles to the masses.
Q3.The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has recently approved proposals worth Rs 45,000 crore. What is included in these proposals?
1.Construction of new military bases
2.Procurement of 12 Su-30MKIs
3.Upgradation of existing naval vessels
4.Recruitment of additional personnel
Ans:-2) Procurement of 12 Su-30MKIs
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), under the leadership of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, has sanctioned nine acquisition proposals amounting to a total of Rs 45,000 crore. These proposals encompass various facets of defense, ranging from modernizing the Indian Air Force to enhancing the Indian Navy’s capabilities and augmenting indigenous content in defense projects.
- A significant decision taken by the DAC is the approval of the procurement of 12 Su-30MKI aircraft for the Indian Air Force. These advanced fighter jets will be manufactured in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), marking a crucial step towards strengthening the nation’s indigenous defense production capabilities.
- In addition to the Su-30MKI procurement, the DAC has also given the green light for avionic upgrades for Dornier aircraft, thereby enhancing their precision and reliability for operations. Furthermore, the Dhruvastra Short Range Air-to-Surface Missile, a potent indigenous precision-guided weapon, will be integrated with the indigenously built ALH Mk-IV choppers.
Q4.How much dividend has the government received from NTPC?
Ans:-1) ₹1,487 crore
- The Indian government has received a dividend tranche of ₹1,487 crore from the state-owned power corporation, NTPC. This follows NTPC’s recent announcement regarding the payment of its Final Dividend for the financial year 2022-23. However, it’s worth noting that the recent dividend tranche of ₹1,487 crore is lower than the previous dividend release in February, which amounted to ₹2,106 crore.
- In addition to dividends, NTPC has reached a significant milestone in its power generation capacity. The combined power generation capacity of the NTPC Group has now reached an impressive 73,824 megawatts (73.8 gigawatts). This achievement comes after the successful trial operation of an initial 800-megawatt unit at the Telangana Super Thermal Power Project on September 5.
- NTPC, India’s leading power generation company, has disbursed an impressive ₹2,908.99 crore as its Final Dividend for the financial year 2022-23. This substantial dividend payment constitutes 30% of the paid-up equity share capital of NTPC Ltd. The total dividend amount disbursed for FY 2022-23 stands at a remarkable ₹7,030.08 crore, representing 41% of the Profit After Tax (PAT) for the financial year.
Q5.What is India’s trade deficit for the month of August?
- In August 2023, India’s merchandise exports witnessed a 6.86% decline, falling to $34.48 billion in comparison to $37.02 billion in August 2022. This decline is notable in vital sectors such as Non-petroleum and non-gems and jewellery.
- Similarly, merchandise imports also saw a decrease, down by 5.23% to $58.64 billion from $61.88 billion in August 2022. Despite the decline in both exports and imports, India’s trade deficit for August 2023 narrowed to $24.16 billion, indicating a 2.8% improvement from the $24.86 billion deficit in the same month last year.
- Taking into account both merchandise and services, India’s overall exports in August 2023 stood at $60.87 billion, marking a 4.17% decline compared to August 2022. Meanwhile, imports for the same period totaled $72.50 billion, showing a 5.97% year-on-year decrease. This resulted in an overall trade deficit of $11.63 billion for August.
Q6.How many cooperative banks have faced monetary penalties imposed by RBI?
Q7.What scheme was launched by Tamil Nadu CM Stalin?
1.Kalaignar Women’s Rights Fund Scheme
2.Women Empowerment Initiative
3.Women’s Economic Empowerment Scheme
4.Rights and Welfare Scheme for Women
Ans:- 1) Kalaignar Women’s Rights Fund Scheme
- On the birth anniversary of Dravidian icon C N Annadurai, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin unveiled a pioneering initiative geared towards the empowerment of women across the state. The initiative, titled the “Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam” scheme, holds the promise of bringing about a significant positive transformation in the lives of countless women in Tamil Nadu.
- At the core of this visionary program lies the provision of monthly financial assistance of ₹1,000 to eligible women beneficiaries across Tamil Nadu. The initiative is named in honor of another Dravidian stalwart, late DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi, affectionately known as “Kalaignar,” signifying an artist of eminence. This name was chosen to acknowledge his immense contribution to the state and the party.
- The state government has identified an impressive 1.06 crore women (approximately 1,06,50,000) as beneficiaries under the plan. The financial assistance of ₹1,000 per month will be disbursed through the Direct Benefit Transfer system, ensuring a seamless and efficient process.
Q8.In a global ranking of crypto adoption, where does India stand?
Ans:-4) First place
- India has clinched the top spot among 154 nations in grassroots crypto adoption, demonstrating impressive resilience despite challenging regulatory conditions. This revelation comes from Chainalysis’ 2023 Global Crypto Adoption Index.
- India’s achievement in securing the first position spans four crucial parameters: 1) Centralized Service Value Received. 2) Retail Centralized Service Value Received. 3) DeFi Value Received, and 4) Retail DeFi Value Received. This notable ascent from fourth place the previous year strongly indicates India’s increasing acceptance of cryptocurrency within its general populace.
- Following closely, Nigeria takes the second position in the index, followed by Vietnam in third place. The United States holds the fourth position, while Ukraine comes in fifth.
Q9.How much is the investment for setting up the bus plant by Ashok Leyland in collaboration with the UP Government?
Ans:-3) ₹200 crore
- The commercial vehicle giant, Ashok Leyland, part of the Hinduja Group, announced on Friday, September 15, its intention to invest ₹1,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh. This substantial investment is dedicated to establishing a cutting-edge bus manufacturing facility, marking the company’s inaugural venture in the state.
- The proposed manufacturing facility is strategically located near Lucknow, enhancing its accessibility within the state. This center will serve as a symbol of clean and eco-friendly mobility solutions, aligning with Ashok Leyland’s commitment to address environmental concerns and promote sustainability.
- In the initial phase of development, Ashok Leyland will allocate an initial investment of ₹200 crore. This inaugural stage will set the groundwork for the larger project, which is projected to total ₹1,000 crore in investment over the next five years.
Q10.Who has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2023-2024?
1.Srinivasan K. Swamy
Ans:-1)Srinivasan K. Swamy
- Srinivasan K. Swamy, the Executive Chairman of R.K. Swamy Hansa Group, has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the term 2023-2024. Alongside Mr. Swamy, other prominent figures were also elected to key positions within the Bureau for the upcoming year.
- Mr. Swamy holds significant esteem in the advertising and media industry. Apart from his role as the Chairman of the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations, he has occupied pivotal leadership positions in numerous renowned organizations.
- In addition to Mr. Swamy’s election as Chairman, several other distinguished individuals have been appointed to crucial positions within the Audit Bureau of Circulations:
– Deputy Chairman: Riyad Mathew, Chief Associate Editor and Director of Malayala Manorama.
– Secretary: Mohit Jain, Executive Director of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited.
– Treasurer: Vikram Sakhuja, Partner & Group CEO Media & OOH of Madison Communications Private Limited.