Current affairs coverage often showcases stories of individuals and communities making a positive impact. By highlighting these stories, it inspires individuals to take action, get involved in social causes, and contribute to positive change.
Q1.India and Switzerland recently celebrated how many years of friendship?
- 25 years
- 50 years
- 75 years
- 100 years
- India and Switzerland recently commemorated their 75-year-long enduring friendship and fruitful collaboration in the picturesque Kumaon village nestled in the Uttarakhand region of India. The three-day celebration, fittingly named ‘Swiss Himalayan Bounty,’ took place last week at a delightful homestay in Satoli village, situated at an altitude of 6,000 feet near Mukteshwar in the Nainital district.
- Robert Graf, the head of SHA (Swiss Himalayan Amity), expounded on the organization’s comprehensive approach to uplift the hill communities of Uttarakhand. He underscored their endeavors to promote the use of smokeless ‘chulhas’ (stoves) in the region, addressing both health and environmental concerns.
Q2. India and Tanzania are set to sign how many agreements with the aim of achieving a USD 10 billion trade target?
- During Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan’s visit to India, the two nations are poised to strengthen their bilateral cooperation after an eight-year hiatus. The visit aims to elevate their relations to a strategic partnership and enhance trade and investment ties.
- Tanzanian Foreign Minister January Yusuf Makamba anticipates the signing of 15 agreements spanning government-to-government and private sector collaborations. There is also potential for an announcement regarding the extension of an Indian-assisted water project in Tanzania, alongside India’s substantial contribution of USD 1 billion for water projects in the country.
- President Hassan will address a business forum in New Delhi, with the objective of forging new deals and partnerships between Tanzanian and Indian companies. The ultimate goal is to boost trade volumes and expand bilateral trade to USD 10 billion within the next three years.
Q3.What action has Israel taken regarding Gaza?
- Imposed a total siege
- Offered humanitarian aid
- Opened diplomatic talks
- Provided military support
Ans:-1)Imposed a total siege
- In a sudden escalation, Hamas initiated an offensive, prompting Israeli airstrikes on Gaza. The conflict has resulted in numerous casualties, with over 570 reported wounded or killed. The situation has led to the displacement of more than 123,000 individuals in Gaza.
- Following Hamas’ offensive, Israel implemented a comprehensive siege on the Gaza Strip, including a cutoff of water supply. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged a forceful response, indicating potential destruction of Hamas facilities. The siege has significantly affected 2.3 million people, depriving them of essentials like electricity, food, water, and gas.
Q4.What is the landmark achievement in Hyderabad?
- India’s first Solar Cycling Track
- World’s tallest building
- Longest river bridge
- Largest cricket stadium
Ans:-1)India’s first Solar Cycling Track
- Hyderabad, India, celebrated the inauguration of its inaugural solar roof cycling track, Healthway. This eco-conscious initiative was officially launched by K Tarakarama Rao, the state’s Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister.
- The objective of Healthway is to promote cycling as a mode of transportation, all while integrating principles of sustainability and technological advancement. It’s noteworthy that Healthway is only the second project of its kind worldwide, underlining Hyderabad’s dedication to adopting inventive and sustainable approaches to urban mobility.
Q5.What is the capacity of the solar PV project secured by NLC India Ltd in Rajasthan?