By presenting different viewpoints, current affairs coverage encourages critical thinking. It prompts individuals to evaluate information, consider multiple perspectives, and form their own opinions. This fosters active engagement and participation in discussions and debates.
Q1.On which date will India observe Good Manufacturing Practice Day?
- 10th October
- 1st November
- 15th September
- 25th December
- In partnership with the Indian Drugs Manufacturers’ Association (IDMA), the Indian government is poised to commemorate the inaugural National Current Good Manufacturing Practice Day (cGMP Day) on October 10th. This endeavor seeks to highlight the significance of upholding cGMP guidelines in pharmaceutical production, with a specific emphasis on enhancing product quality and safeguarding patient well-being.
Q2.Where was the world’s second-largest Hindu temple outside India inaugurated?
- On October 8, 2023, the Swaminarayan Akshardham temple in Robbinsville Township, New Jersey, was inaugurated under the guidance of its spiritual leader, Mahant Swami Maharaj.
- With dimensions measuring an impressive 255ft x 345ft x 191ft, the Akshardham temple in New Jersey holds the distinction of being the second-largest temple worldwide, surpassed only by Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
- This temple is the third Akshardham, signifying the ‘abode of the divine,’ constructed by the organization. The two preceding temples are located in New Delhi and Gujarat, where BAPS is headquartered.
Q3.What did President Biden order US ships and warplanes to do in relation to Israel?
- Move farther away from Israel
- Move closer to Israel
- Remain stationed at their current positions
- Conduct joint exercises with Israeli forces
Ans:-2)Move closer to Israel
- In response to a recent assault by the Palestinian extremist group Hamas, President Joe Biden has swiftly shown solidarity with Israel. Given the U.S.’s pivotal role in supplying arms to Israel, it is dispatching military reinforcements and assistance to enhance Israel’s defense capabilities.
- The Pentagon’s decision to deploy the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford along with accompanying warships to the eastern Mediterranean is aimed at fortifying fighter aircraft squadrons in the region, ultimately bolstering Israel’s defense.
- The swift delivery of additional equipment and resources, including munitions, to the Israel Defense Forces serves to underscore the steadfast support of the United States for Israel and its people.
Q4.What new system has been introduced in the Indian Navy?
- 360 Degree Appraisal System
- Naval Excellence Evaluation Program
- Maritime Performance Assessment
- Comprehensive Naval Evaluation
Ans:-1)360 Degree Appraisal System
- In a stride towards excellence and ongoing advancement, the Indian Navy has initiated a transformative measure termed the ‘360 Degree Appraisal Mechanism.’ This forward-looking endeavor acknowledges the invaluable contributions of both male and female personnel in the service and seeks to amplify their growth on both professional and personal fronts.
- The ‘360 Degree Appraisal Mechanism’ encompasses a methodical survey procedure that encompasses feedback from diverse sources, including peers and subordinates, in addition to the customary assessments by senior officers.
Q5.How much is the total worth of the 70 schemes concluded under EP-4 by the Indian Army?
- 1000 Crore
- 5000 Crore
- 8000 Crore
- 11000 Crore
- The Emergency Procurement Power (EP) was instated in the aftermath of the 2016 Uri attacks as a provisional measure for India’s armed forces. This authority enabled them to expedite the acquisition of vital equipment and technology by bypassing the protracted procurement process.
- The extension of EP encompassed all three branches of the military: the Army, Navy, and Air Force. In the case of the Army, it played a pivotal role in securing various equipment and technologies through approximately 140 schemes distributed across four phases (EP-I to IV).
- Initially introduced in 2016 after the Uri attack, the EP facilitated the swift procurement of essential items, permitting services to independently enter contracts worth up to Rs 300 crore each. It was reintroduced in 2020 during heightened tensions along the India-China border, primarily aimed at reinforcing security along the northern frontiers.
Q6.On what anniversary did the Indian Air Force unveil its new ensign?
- On the occasion of its 91st anniversary, the Indian Air Force (IAF) commemorated the event at the Bamrauli Air Force Station in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh. Air Chief Marshal V.R. Chaudhari unveiled the new IAF ensign during this significant celebration.
- This milestone event witnessed several historic firsts, including the incorporation of the Air Force crest and the inaugural appointment of a woman officer to lead the Air Force Day Parade. Group Captain Shaliza Dhami etched her name in history as the first woman officer to assume command of the Air Force Day Parade.
- A notable highlight of the celebration was the introduction of the new IAF ensign. The prominent change is the inclusion of the Air Force crest, now positioned at the top right corner of the ensign, towards the fly side. This symbolic addition reaffirms the IAF’s unwavering dedication to its distinctive identity and rich heritage.
Q7.What did the GST Council do to boost foreign trade?
- Imposed new tariffs
- Cleared a few measures
- Reduced export quotas
- Increased import taxes
Ans:-2)Cleared a few measures
- During the 52nd GST Council meeting, chaired by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, a range of significant decisions and recommendations were addressed concerning alterations in GST tax rates, trade facilitation measures, and compliance streamlining.
- For food preparations made from millet flour, there has been an adjustment in GST rates. When sold in loose form, it will incur a 0% GST rate, and when sold pre-packaged, it will be subject to a 5% GST rate. Imitation zari threads produced from metallized polyester or plastic film will now carry a 5% GST rate.
- Foreign going vessels transitioning to coastal runs will be liable for 5% IGST. Conditional IGST exemption is suggested for these vessels, given they revert to being foreign going vessels within six months. The GST rate on molasses will witness a reduction from 28% to 5%.
Q8.Which bank became the first lender to offer the ‘ONDC Network Gift Card’?
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- YES Bank
- ICICI Bank
Ans:-3) YES Bank
- YES Bank, a prominent player in the Indian financial landscape, has taken a significant stride in the digital commerce arena by introducing the ONDC Network Gift Card. This pioneering move positions YES Bank as the first in the country to issue such a card. In collaboration with the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), this endeavor is poised to revolutionize the shopping experience for Indian consumers.
- The ONDC Network Gift Card stands at the vanguard of democratizing digital commerce. Unlike conventional gift cards that confine usage to a particular brand or store, this innovative concept empowers customers to utilize the gift card for purchasing products from any brand and any seller across a diverse spectrum of segments.
Q9.What is the new gold loan limit set by RBI for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs)?
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made a significant announcement pertaining to gold loans extended by urban cooperative banks (UCBs). They have opted to double the lending limits for gold loans under a specific repayment scheme.
- Under a scheme known as “bullet repayment,” RBI has decided to raise the existing limit for gold loans from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for urban cooperative banks. This alteration applies to UCBs that have met specific lending targets within the Priority Sector.
- In a bullet repayment scheme, borrowers are relieved of the obligation to repay the loan during its tenure. They are only required to settle the interest and principal amount at the conclusion of the loan term.
Q10.India recently entered into a collaboration with which country for Green Hydrogen?
- United States
- Saudi Arabia
- India and Saudi Arabia have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at establishing a green hydrogen supply chain and fostering collaboration on power grid interconnection. This significant accord was formalized in Riyadh during the MENA Climate Week 2023, with India being represented by Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, RK Singh, and Saudi Arabia by its Minister of Energy, Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Saud.
- To fully harness the potential of energy sector cooperation, both nations have agreed to conduct Business-to-Business (B2B) Business Summits and engage in regular interactions. These initiatives are poised to lay the foundation for comprehensive supply and value chains across various domains of energy collaboration.