Current Affairs 24th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Who among the following has
been appointed as the CEO of
video sharing app TikTok?
A. Michael Eisner
B. Susan Iger
C. Kevin Mayer
D. Alan N. Braverman
Explanation: Kevin Mayer, who is known to have spearheaded Disney’s streaming efforts, is leaving Disney to join
short video-sharing app TikTok as its CEO.
● Kevin Mayer will take charge as CEO for TikTok as well as the COO for Bytedance, the short-video app’s parent company.
02. Recently, the number of
beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat
has touched _________.
A. 2 crore
B. 5 crore
C. 10 crore
Explanation: On May 20, 2020, the number of beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat touched 1 crore.
● PM Modi had a telephonic conversation with the 1 croreth beneficiary of the scheme.
03. World Schizophrenia day is
observed every year on
A. 23 May
B. 24 May
C. 25 May
D. 26 May
Explanation: May 24 was observed as World Schizophrenia Day.
● Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally.
● Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling.
04. World Thyroid Day is observed
every year on _______.
A. 22 May
B. 23 May
C. 24 May
D. 25 May
Explanation: World Thyroid Day is observed globally on 25 May every year.
● The main purpose of the WTD is to be aware of the importance of Thyroid and the prevention and treatment of thyroid diseases.
05. Recently, Indian Dispute
Resolution Centre (IDRC),
which provides a paperless
environment has been
inaugurated. IDRC is
headquartered in _______.
C. New Delhi
06. Recently, In a major breakthrough
the construction of Chamba
Tunnel in Uttarakhand has been
completed under Chardham
Pariyojana. The Chardham
Pariyojana has an outlay of
A. Rs 1,000 crore
B. Rs 5,000 crore
C. Rs 8,000 crore
D. Rs 12,000 crore
Explanation: In a boost to the Rs 12,000 crore ”Char Dham” project to connect Gangotri, Kedarnath, Yamunotri and Badrinath,
the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has achieved a milestone in construction of a tunnel below the densely
populated Chamba town on Rishikesh-Dharasu road (NH-94) in Uttarakhand.
● Latest Austrian technology has been used in construction of the Chamba tunnel.
● The tunnel will be through for traffic by October 2020 almost three months before its scheduled date of
completion of January 2021.
● The 6 km road and 450 metre tunnel is being constructed at a cost of Rs 88 crore.
07. Recently, India has helped
which of the following country
to set up a military war game
Explanation: Indian Association in Uganda, with help of the Indian Military training team, set up a military war game centre in
● The war game centre is named ‘INDIA’ and is a type of strategy game that simulates warfare realistically, as
opposed to abstract strategy games such as chess.
● The war game center, constructed with an amount of over 1 billion Ugandan Shillings ($265,000), has been
funded by voluntary contributions from Ugandans of Indian origin.
08. Researchers from which of the following institutes have developed high-performance magnesium alloy that could replace steel, aluminium
in the auto, aerospace industry?
A.Indian Institute of Technology-
A. Indian Institute of Technology-
B. Indian Institute of Technology-
C. Indian Institute of Technology-
Explanation: The Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) researchers in
association with the University of North Texas and US Army
Research Laboratory have developed an engineered magnesium
alloy with significantly improved properties.
● It could replace steel and aluminum alloys in automotive and
09. Recently, which of the following
fintech startups has partnered
with Visa to launch innovative
payment solutions for SMEs and
Explanation: Fintech startup Zaggle has partnered with payments technology major Visa to launch innovative payment solutions
for SMEs and startups.
● Under this partnership, both the companies will jointly create solutions for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
and startups to improve productivity, efficiency, automate processes, and reduce costs, along with focussing on
easy and faster credit through a unique card that will have forex, prepaid along with the credit.
10. Who among the following Indian
Army officers has become the first
to be selected for the prestigious
United Nations Military Gender
Advocate of the Year Award
A. Priya Jhingan
B. Divya Ajith Kumar
C. Padmavathy Bandopadhyay
D. Suman Gawani
Explanation: Major Suman Gawani, an Indian Army officer and woman
peacekeeper who has served with the United Nations Mission
in South Sudan (UNMISS), has been selected for the prestigious
United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award (2019).
● She has been awarded for her outstanding contribution to
peacekeeping efforts in the UNMISS.
● This is the first time that an Indian peacekeeper is being given
the UN Military Gender Advocate award.