SSC CHSL – Exam Pattern
The SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (SSC CHSL) is a nationwide exam conducted for the recruitment and The Tier I exam of SSC CHSL is scheduled to be held from 4th – 26th March 2018.
So, Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2018
Tier I – Objective Computer Based Examination
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
Tier-II: Descriptive Examination
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive test of 100 marks
- Would be conducted in pen and paper mode
- The duration of the test will be 80 minutes
- Paper would comprise writing of an Essay (200-250 words) and,
- Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words
- It can be taken in either Hindi or English
The paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates as it is necessary in government jobs. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
Tier-III: Typing/Skill Test
Tier-III of the Examination is a skill test/ typing test which is qualifying in nature. It is conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer for DEO
- For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer
- Typing Test will be Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice/ option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
We hope that this gives you a deeper insight into the required score for clearing the SSC CHSL and the exam pattern to prepare in the right direction.