Percentage Question Set 7
Percentage questions are asked in almost all competitive exams. They are followed by simple tricks and calculations, and cover about 2% of the paper marks. They also include questions from Compound Interest and Simple Interest. Here is a sample paper sheet of the missing number puzzle for your practice. Do give us a review.
1. From a container having pure milk, 20% is replaced by water and the process is repeated thrice. At the end of the third operation, the milk is:
(a) 40% Pure
(b) 50% Pure
(c) 51.2% Pure
(d) 58.8% Pure
2. 300 grams of sugar solution has 40% sugar in it. How much sugar should be added to make it 50% in the solution?
(a) 10 gms
(b) 40 gms
(d) 80 gms
3. The price of an article is out by 20%. to restore it to the former value, the new price must be increased by
(c) 16 2/3%
4. In an Examination, A got 10% maks less than B,B got 25% marks more than C and C got 20% less and D. If A got 360 marks out of 500, the percentage of marks obtained by D was:
5. Arvind spends 75% of his income. His income is increased by 20% and he increased his expenditure by 10%. His saving is increased by:
(c) 37 1/2%