Geography MCQ Capsule PDF 4
We are here with Fourth (4th) MCQ Capsule on Geography. Questons on Geography are commonly asked in competitive exams of SSC, RRB NTPC, UPSC. We will be sharing a total of 8 capsules on this topic comprising of 50 questions each.
A Quick Preview.
1. Which of the following statements about the shape of the Earth is correct ?
(A) It is oblate spheroid
(B) It bulges slightly at the poles
(C) It is a little flattened at the Equator
(D) It is exactly spherical in shape without any bulge at any place
2. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of landforms developed under fluvial cycle of erosion ?
(A) Gorge, flood plain, piedmont plain, delta
(B) Gorge, piedmont plain, flood plain, delta
(C) Gorge, piedmont plain, delta, flood plain
(D) Piedmont plain, gorge, flood plain, delta
3. Spring equinox falls on—
(A) March 21
(B) June 21
(C) September 23
(D) December 22
4. Relative humidity refers to—
(A) Absolute amount of water vapour in the atmosphere
(B) The amount of hygroscopic nuclei in the atmosphere
(C) Saturated vapour pressure
(D) Rate of actual amount of water vapour in the air to the amount it could hold at that temperature
5. Solar energy which reaches the earth surface is called—
(A) Radiated energy
6. A broad channel where the waters of a river and a sea mingle is called—
(A) a delta
(B) an estuary
(C) a harbour
(D) a strait
7. Assertion (A) : In orographic nature of rainfall, the windward slope of a mountain range gets more rainfall than the lea ward slope.
Reason (R) : The warm and humid air that descends down the slope get warmed up and dry.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
8. During which period did the domestication of plants and animals take place ?
(A) Paleolithic period
(B) Mesolithic period
(C) Neolithic period
(D) Dark age
9. What is the main occupation of Eskimos ?
(A) Summer cultivation
(B) Winter woodwork
(C) Fishing and Hunting
10. The process of gradual spread over space of people or ideas from the centre of origin is known as—
Click Geography MCQ Capsule 4 Or Download Geography MCQ Here
Do give us review on the capsule and do correct us if you find errors anywhere
Exam Review of RRB NTPC 2016
General Awareness Questions Asked in RRB NTPC 2016