Hello curious minds, We strive to bring you the latest news and events from around the world as they unfold. Our team of dedicated researchers and editors continuously monitor reliable sources to ensure you receive timely updates.
Q1.Where was the PATA Travel Mart 2023 inaugurated by the Ministry of Tourism?
- New Delhi
- The Ministry of Tourism, India, took the spotlight as it hosted the opening ceremony for the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Travel Mart 2023 in the vibrant city of New Delhi.
- The 46th edition of this esteemed event is being held at the magnificent International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) within Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Spanning from October 4th to 6th, 2023, this event serves as a global congregation of tourism professionals and business stakeholders. Significantly, this physical edition marks the return of the Travel Mart after a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic.
Q2.Which government body has recently notified the establishment of the National Turmeric Board?
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Ans:-2)Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- The Indian government has officially established the National Turmeric Board, with a primary objective of advancing the turmeric industry and its products within the country. The board will facilitate the establishment of processing units and support export endeavors. It will also emphasize on research and development, promote the creation of value-added turmeric products in line with traditional practices, and prioritize quality and food safety in accordance with established standards.
Q3.What is the outlook for the Eurozone economy in the third quarter?
- Recent indicators and surveys strongly suggest that the eurozone economy likely contracted in the third quarter of this year. September witnessed a substantial decline in demand, marking the swiftest pace of decrease in almost three years.
- Although the final Composite Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) showed a slight increase to 47.2 in September, compared to August’s 46.7, it remained below the crucial 50-mark. This indicates a fourth consecutive month of economic contraction. While it slightly exceeded a preliminary estimate of 47.1, it still underscores significant economic challenges.
Q4.What event recently occurred in Sikkim causing significant damage?
- Glacial Lake Burst
Ans:-2)Glacial Lake Burst
- On October 4, Sikkim witnessed a tragic event as flash floods wreaked havoc, claiming the lives of at least seven individuals, with many others either injured or missing. These calamitous floods were set in motion by the unexpected overflow of a glacial lake, formed from the gradual melting of a Himalayan glacier. Consequently, the Teesta river basin was submerged.
- The floods originated from the abrupt overflow of the South Lhonak lake, situated at an elevation of about 5,200 meters above sea level. This catastrophic incident resulted in the devastation of the Chungthang dam, a vital component of Sikkim’s largest hydroelectric project, and inflicted extensive damage on highways, villages, and towns.
Q5.Who inaugurated the 4th EMRS National Cultural & Literary Fest and Kala Utsav-2023?
- Arjun Munda
- Kala Utsav
- EMRS National Cultural & Literary Fest
- None of the above
- On the 3rd of October, 2023, Shri Arjun Munda, the Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, inaugurated the 4th Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) National Cultural & Literary Fest as well as Kala Utsav-2023 in the picturesque city of Dehradun. The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami, graced the event with his presence, which took place at the Maharana Pratap Sports College. This festival offers a national platform for tribal students to exhibit their hidden talents in various fields.
Q6.Where is the two-day literature festival scheduled to be held?
- New Delhi
- The Neev Literature Festival 2023 is set to occur on October 7th and 8th at the Neev Academy in Yemalur, Bengaluru. The theme for this year’s event is ‘What constitutes childhood without stories?’.
Following the pandemic, children’s experiences have witnessed substantial changes. They now contend with matters like artificial intelligence, globalization, mental health concerns, evolving values, and a myriad of other influences. As a result, the festival aims to acknowledge and engage with these transformations.
Q7.From which organization did the Indian Air Force (IAF) receive its first LCA Trainer?
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a government-owned aircraft manufacturer, has recently supplied the initial trainer variant of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas to the Indian Air Force (IAF). This trainer aircraft is included in a prior order for 40 Mk-1 jets. Among these 40 aircraft, the IAF has already integrated 32 single-seater jets and formed two LCA squadrons. The remaining eight aircraft are designated as trainers. HAL has pledged to provide an additional seven twin-seater aircraft to the IAF by March 2024.
Q8.When did India’s diesel exports to Europe reach their peak?
- September 2022
- September 2023
- August 2023
- October 2023
- In September of 2023, India experienced a notable upswing in its diesel exports to Europe, attaining the peak levels for the year. This surge was influenced by a confluence of factors, as indicated by data from energy cargo tracker Vortexa.
- During September, India’s diesel exports to Europe surged to around 333,000 barrels per day (bpd), signifying a substantial surge of nearly 47 percent from the preceding month. This surge was particularly striking when compared to the same month in the prior year, boasting a remarkable year-on-year increase of 57 percent, as reported by Vortexa’s data.
Q9.What is UNCTAD’s revised growth estimate for India in 2023?
- According to the most recent trade and development report from the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India’s economic growth forecast for 2023 has been revised upward to 6.6%, up from the previous projection of 6%.
- Nonetheless, the report also foresees a slight dip in India’s growth to 6.2% in 2024. Additionally, the UNCTAD underscores apprehensions regarding the global economic prospects, with an anticipated slowdown to 2.4% in 2023, followed by a modest recovery to 2.5% in 2024.
Q10.What is the interest rate maintained by the government for the General Provident Fund (GPF) for the 15th consecutive quarter?
- The government has recently declared its decision to maintain the interest rate on General Provident Fund (GPF) savings at 7.1% for the October-December quarter. This unaltered rate marks the 15th consecutive quarter, signifying a consistent approach in safeguarding the retirement savings of government employees.
- The Finance Ministry has formally confirmed the continuation of the 7.1% interest rate. This rate is also applicable to other provident funds serving government employees, including those in vital sectors like Railways and the Armed Forces.