Hello Readers…. Our aim is to provide you with a balanced view of events, enabling you to form your own opinions based on reliable and accurate information.
Q1.Which airline is set to launch a thrice-weekly direct flight service to Mumbai?
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Uganda Airlines
- On October 3, Uganda Airlines achieved a noteworthy milestone by launching direct flight operations between Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport and Uganda’s Entebbe International Airport. This event is of immense historical significance, as it reestablishes a non-stop air connection between India and Uganda after over 50 years. The inaugural flight for this route, UR 430, is set to depart from Entebbe on October 7, with the return flight, UR 431, taking off from Mumbai on October 8.
Q2.Where will the tallest statue of B.R. Ambedkar be unveiled on October 14?
- North America
- On October 14, the ‘Statue of Equality,’ representing B.R. Ambedkar, the chief architect of the Indian Constitution, will be unveiled in Maryland. This memorial stands as a powerful symbol of the timeless values of equality and human rights that Dr. B.R. Ambedkar tirelessly championed throughout his life.
- Soaring to a height of 19 feet, the ‘Statue of Equality’ stands as a testament to the lasting influence of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s contributions. This monumental sculpture is poised to become the largest statue of Babasaheb located outside of India.
Q3.In which meeting did India participate by attending the 5th Meeting of Moscow Format?
- G7 Summit
- Moscow Format Meeting
- BRICS Summit
- UN General Assembly Meeting
Ans:-2)Moscow Format Meeting
- During the fifth meeting of the Moscow Format Consultation on Afghanistan, which took place in the Russian city of Kazan, diplomats from different nations gathered for a crucial diplomatic assembly. The central agenda of this high-level conference was to deliberate on the evolving situation in Afghanistan, with a particular emphasis on regional security and the incorporation of Afghanistan into economic processes within the border regions.
Q4.What has recently received the GI (Geographical Indication) tag in Jammu and Kashmir?
- Pashmina Craft
- Apple Orchards
- Walnut Woodcraft
- The ancient craft of Basohli Pashmina, originating from the scenic district of Kathua in Jammu and Kashmir, has recently been granted the prestigious Geographical Indication (GI) tag. This craft is celebrated for its extraordinary softness, fine texture, and almost weightless feel. Artisans, adept in traditional hand-spinning methods, have been creating this exquisite fabric, embodying luxury and sophistication for well over a century. What sets it apart is its remarkable capacity to offer warmth without the need for added bulk, making it a perfect option for cold climates and discerning fashion aficionados.
Q5.Who flagged off the CRPF Women Bike Expedition ‘Yashasvini’ from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir?
- Prime Minister of India
- Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- Union Home Minister of India
Ans:-3)Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) initiated an expedition rally called ‘Yashasvini’ featuring an all-female biker team. The rally, a tribute to women’s empowerment, commenced from the renowned Ghanta Ghar near the city center of Lal Chowk in Srinagar.
This cross-country bike rally, exclusively led by women, signifies much more than a typical road trip. It stands as a testament to the power of determination and strength. Spanning an impressive distance of 2134 kilometers, the rally will journey through 40 districts, encompassing 15 states and Union Territories.
Q6.According to Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, when is the Indian Air Force planning to discontinue flying the MiG-21?
- As part of its continuous modernization drive to replace aging Russian-origin aircraft, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has revealed its intention to phase out the legendary MiG-21 fighter jets, opting instead for the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mark 1A.
- The Air Chief Marshal affirmed that the operational life of the MiG-21 fighter aircraft will conclude by 2025, with the LCA Mark 1A selected as its successor. The MiG-21 has served as a cornerstone of the Indian Air Force for more than six decades.
Q7.What is the name of the annual joint military exercise conducted by India and Bangladesh?
- India and Bangladesh have launched the 11th installment of their annual joint military exercise, SAMPRITI, in Umroi, Meghalaya. The exercise, SAMPRITI-XI, encompasses the involvement of 170 personnel from the Bangladesh contingent, led by Brigadier General Mohammed Mafizul Islam Rashed, Commander of the 52 Bangladesh Infantry Brigade.
- Since its inception in Jorhat, Assam, in 2009, SAMPRITI has successfully conducted ten editions until 2022. SAMPRITI-XI, which extends over a period of 14 days, engages approximately 350 personnel from both sides. It underscores the importance of augmenting interoperability, sharing tactical drills, and promoting best practices.
Q8.What is the estimated worth of the Indian Air Force’s ambitious weapon procurement plan?
- Rs 1 Lakh Crore
- Rs 2 Lakh Crore
- Rs 3 Lakh Crore
- Rs 4 Lakh Crore
Ans:-3)Rs 3 Lakh Crore
- Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari has revealed that the Indian Air Force (IAF) is planning to acquire a variety of weapon systems, encompassing aircraft, helicopters, and missiles. This procurement is estimated to cost between Rs 2.5 lakh crore to Rs 3 lakh crore within the next six to seven years.
- A significant portion of this equipment will be procured from the Indian industry, aligning with the government’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (self-reliant India) initiative. The IAF is directing investments towards force multipliers, which include AI-based decision tools, electronic warfare equipment, resilient networks, as well as space and cyber capabilities.
Q9.What is the key economic indicator that experienced a 5-month low in September in India?
- GDP Growth Rate
- Manufacturing PMI
- Inflation Rate
- Export Volume
- In September, India’s manufacturing sector experienced a notable deceleration, hitting a five-month low, according to the seasonally adjusted S&P Global India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI). This index declined from 58.6 in August to 57.5, indicating a slowdown in activity.
- A significant contributor to this deceleration was a decrease in new orders in September compared to the previous month. While input cost inflation reached its lowest point in over three years, firms raised their output charges at a pace higher than the long-run average.
Q10.What is the World Bank’s projected GDP growth rate for India in the fiscal year 2023-24?
- India’s economy continues to exhibit strength despite notable external challenges, leading the World Bank to retain its growth projection for the fiscal year 2023-24 at 6.3%. This reaffirms India’s impressive resilience in a challenging global landscape.
- The robustness of India’s economy is supported by several crucial factors such as robust domestic demand, substantial investments in public infrastructure, and an increasingly robust financial sector. Noteworthy is the surge in bank credit growth, which stood at 15.8% in the initial quarter of FY23/24, signaling a healthy financial landscape.