Current affairs coverage is not just about reporting facts, but also about providing analysis, background information, and context to help individuals understand the underlying causes, implications, and perspectives surrounding various events. By doing so, it empowers individuals to form more informed opinions and make sense of complex issues. Therefore, current affairs coverage is essential for staying updated and informed about what is happening in the world.
Q1.What is the focus of the IMI 5.0 campaign?
- Tuberculosis eradication
- Measles and Rubella vaccination
- Malaria prevention
- Polio eradication
Ans:-2)Measles and Rubella vaccination
- India’s Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 5.0, a significant immunization campaign initiated by the Health Ministry, is reaching its conclusion today. This campaign aims to ensure that children who may have missed vaccine doses or fallen behind their vaccination schedule, as well as pregnant women across the nation, are covered.
- IMI 5.0 represents a major effort to augment immunization coverage for all vaccines provided under the Universal Immunization Programme, adhering to the National Immunization Schedule. Unlike earlier phases, this year’s campaign encompassed all districts in the country and extended its coverage to include children up to five years of age, broadening the mission’s reach. Previous campaigns had primarily focused on children up to two years old.
Q2.Who unveiled the mascot ‘Juhi’ for the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2023?
- CM Yogi Adityanath
- CM Hemant Soren
- PM Narendra Modi
- CM Mamata Banerjee
Ans:-2) CM Hemant Soren
- In a lively ceremony held at Project Bhawan in Dhurva, Ranchi, Jharkhand, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Hemant Soren, revealed the mascot for the upcoming Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2023. The mascot, named ‘Juhi,’ draws inspiration from the beloved elephant at Betla National Park.
- This event also signified the commencement of the Trophy Tour for the Jharkhand Women’s Asian Champions Trophy Ranchi 2023. Starting on October 13, 2023, the magnificent trophy will embark on a tour across all districts of the state. The Trophy Tour will culminate on October 25, 2023, with the trophy returning to Ranchi, paving the way for the tournament to kick off.
- The introduction of the mascot ‘Juhi’ and the launch of the Trophy Tour mark the exciting countdown to the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy Ranchi 2023. With a meaningful cultural emblem and the backing of esteemed dignitaries, the tournament promises to be a celebration of athleticism, heritage, and unity.
Q3.Who installed the first-ever mobile tower at Siachen Glacier?
- Indian Army
- Reliance Jio
- The Indian Army’s Fire and Fury Corps, in collaboration with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), has achieved a significant milestone at the Siachen Glacier, the world’s highest battlefield. They successfully installed a mobile tower, bringing advanced mobile communication to soldiers stationed at elevations exceeding 15,500 feet.
- The dedicated team, known as the “Siachen Warriors,” partnered with BSNL to set up the inaugural BSNL Base Transceiver Station (BTS) at forward posts in the Siachen Glacier region. This strategic installation is poised to narrow the communication gap for soldiers operating in one of the planet’s most challenging terrains. The primary goal is to bolster the well-being of these valiant soldiers who safeguard the nation in this perilous environment.
Q4.Which is the youngest Naga Battalion to receive the President’s Colour?
- 1 Naga Battalion
- 2 Naga Battalion
- 3 Naga Battalion
- 4 Naga Battalion
Ans:- 3) 3 Naga Battalion
- In a historic ceremony held at the Kumaon Regimental Centre (KRC) in Ranikhet, the distinguished 3rd Battalion of the Naga Regiment, also known as 3 Naga, was conferred with the esteemed President’s Colour accolade.
- This significant recognition, represented by an honorary flag, was presented to the battalion by Army Chief Gen. Manoj Pande, signifying a remarkable milestone in the unit’s illustrious history.
- The award serves as a testament to their unswerving commitment, unwavering dedication, and acts of exceptional valor. It stands as a moment of immense pride not only for the battalion but also for the entire nation. Established on October 1, 2009, in Haldwani, amid the picturesque Kumaon Hills, the battalion holds a special place in the hearts of both the Kumaon and Naga regiments.
Q5.What was the impact on goods exports in August according to the statement?
- They increased significantly.
- They remained stable.
- They decreased.
- They had no impact on the outlook.
- In August 2023, India witnessed a seventh consecutive month of declining goods exports, with a year-on-year drop of 6.86%, totaling $34.48 billion. Imports also saw a decrease of 5.23%, amounting to $58.64 billion, mainly due to reduced intake of petroleum, coal, coke, pearls, precious and semi-precious stones, and fertilizers.
- Despite this overall decline, half of the top thirty export items, including engineering, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and select agricultural products, demonstrated growth in August. This positive development has instilled a sense of optimism within the government regarding future prospects.
Q6.What is the subject of the proposals lined up for approval by DAC?
- Acquisition of Aircraft Carrier
- Acquisition of LCA Mk1A Jets
- Both A and B
- None of the above
Ans:- 3)Both A and B
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) is poised to evaluate two substantial proposals with a combined budget surpassing 1 lakh crore. These initiatives, originating from the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force, outline ambitious plans to enhance the nation’s defense capabilities.
- The Navy is advocating for a duplicate order of the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC)-II, building on the success of the INS Vikrant. The projected cost for this carrier stands at approximately 40,000 crore.
- Simultaneously, the Indian Air Force is pursuing an acquisition of 97 additional Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)-MK1A fighters to reinforce its aerial prowess. This procurement is anticipated to amount to roughly 67,000 crore.
Q7.What is the name of the new service introduced by ICICI Bank?
- ICICI Bank has recently unveiled ‘iFinance,’ a groundbreaking feature poised to revolutionize the way millions of customers, both retail clients and sole proprietors, oversee their finances.
- This innovative service enables customers to centralize their savings and current accounts from various banks into a single, easily accessible platform. The ‘iFinance’ feature is accessible through ICICI Bank’s digital channels, including the iMobile Pay app, Retail Internet Banking (RIB), Corporate Internet Banking (CIB), and InstaBIZ, the Bank’s mobile application tailored for businesses.
- By offering a unified perspective of customers’ finances across multiple banks and providing an array of robust functionalities, ICICI Bank is empowering users to assume command of their financial well-being like never before. This marks a significant stride towards simplifying banking, enhancing accessibility, and ultimately, delivering a more user-centric experience.
Q8.What is the name of the parcel delivery service introduced by Zomato?
Ans:- 2) Xtreme
- Zomato, the prominent Indian food tech company, has launched a hyperlocal delivery service named ‘Xtreme‘. This innovative service aims to capitalize on Zomato’s extensive fleet of over 3 lakh two-wheeler delivery executives.
- Xtreme provides a versatile solution for businesses and individual users, enabling them to dispatch small parcels encompassing a wide range of products such as documents, medicines, food, groceries, apparel, cosmetics, and more. These parcels can weigh up to 10 kg, offering flexibility for various delivery requirements.
- Designed to serve the needs of both small and large businesses for intracity delivery of small packages, Xtreme has already been introduced in nearly 750-800 cities where Zomato currently facilitates food delivery. It is accessible through a dedicated app.
Q9.How much investment has the Indian Oil Corporation board approved for the NTPC Green Energy Joint Venture?
- ₹660 Crore
- ₹1,660 Crore
- ₹16.60 Crore
- ₹166 Crore
- The board of the Indian Oil Corporation has given its approval for an equity investment of ₹1,660.15 crore, securing a 50% stake in the joint venture company known as Indian Oil NTPC Green Energy. This strategic decision is in line with their dedication to advancing renewable energy ventures.
- This joint venture was established in June, bringing together the Indian Oil Corporation and NTPC Green Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of power producer NTPC. The partnership’s primary focus is on the development of renewable energy-based power projects, with a specific emphasis on solar PV and wind technologies.
- The sanctioned funds will be directed towards the establishment of cutting-edge renewable energy power plants. These plants are slated to play a vital role in fulfilling the continuous power demands of upcoming projects within IndianOil refineries.
Q10.What positions did Mumbai, Bengaluru, and New Delhi secure in the Knight Frank Index?
- Mumbai – 19th, Bengaluru – 22nd, New Delhi – 25th
- Mumbai – 22nd, Bengaluru – 25th, New Delhi – 19th
- Mumbai – 25th, Bengaluru – 19th, New Delhi – 22nd
- Mumbai – 19th, Bengaluru – 25th, New Delhi – 22nd
Ans:-1)Mumbai – 19th, Bengaluru – 22nd, New Delhi – 25th
- Knight Frank, the London-based property consultant, has recently released its Global Prime Residential Index, offering valuable insights into the performance of various cities worldwide in the residential real estate market.
- In a remarkable annual surge of six percent, Mumbai has soared an impressive 76 places to clinch the 19th position on the index, marking a substantial leap from its 95th position in 2022.
- Bengaluru, often referred to as India’s Silicon Valley, emerges as the second-highest ranked Indian city on the index. The city has made a remarkable jump from the 77th spot in 2022 to secure the 22nd position, showcasing its robust growth.
- New Delhi, the nation’s capital, has secured the 25th position on the Global Prime Residential Index. Chennai and Kolkata, two other major Indian cities, have been ranked 4th and 5th, respectively, among Indian cities, and globally stood at the 39th and 40th positions.