We provide you accurate information on Current affairs coverage. It aims to provide up-to-date information about significant events and developments. It helps individuals stay informed about what is happening globally, nationally, and locally.
Q1.Who made his first trip abroad since an ICC arrest warrant was issued against him?
- Vladimir Putin
- Xi Jinping
- Joe Biden
- Emmanuel Macron
Ans:- 1) Vladimir Putin
- In March, Russian President Vladimir Putin embarked on his inaugural foreign trip since the International Criminal Court (ICC) issued an arrest warrant against him, drawing global attention. The visit took place in Kyrgyzstan, a nation in Central Asia with deep historical ties to Moscow.
- During his meeting with Kyrgyz President Sadyr Japarov, Putin emphasized the paramount role of Russia as Kyrgyzstan’s leading trade partner and largest investor, reiterating their shared commitment to collaborative endeavors.
- As part of this visit, Putin took part in a ceremony commemorating the 20th anniversary of Russia’s Kant military airbase, strategically positioned just outside Bishkek. This base serves as a pivotal instrument for Moscow to exert influence in the region, underscoring Russia’s geopolitical interests in Central Asia.
Q2.Who is the Union Minister responsible for approving these bridge projects?
- Nitin Gadkari
- Rajnath Singh
- Amit Shah
- Narendra Modi
Ans 1)Nitin Gadkari
- Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, recently gave the green light to seven bridge projects in Arunachal Pradesh. These initiatives, falling under the Setu Bandhan scheme, collectively amount to Rs 118.5 crore.
- The implementation of these bridges is poised to revolutionize connectivity across the state, facilitating easier access to remote regions. This development is set to streamline the movement of both people and goods, ultimately catalyzing economic growth. The introduction of these bridges will notably enhance the efficiency of transporting agricultural produce and various other commodities, resulting in a substantial boost for local economies.
- These projects stand as a testament to the government’s unwavering commitment to enhancing the overall well-being of the people of Arunachal Pradesh. Improved connectivity translates to better accessibility to vital services such as healthcare and education, ultimately uplifting the quality of life in the region.
Q3.Which Indian state won an award for utilizing telecommunication technology in mental health and counseling?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Ans:-2) Uttar Pradesh
- On October 10th, Uttar Pradesh received the third prize for its exceptional implementation of Telemanas, a telecommunication-based mental health and counseling service.
- The accolade was bestowed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, and was accepted by Dr. Pinky Joval, the Mission Director of the National Health Mission in Uttar Pradesh.
- Launched on October 10, 2022, in conjunction with World Mental Health Day, the National Tele Mental Health Programme aimed to meet the pressing requirement for a digital mental health framework. This initiative ensures the availability of tele-mental health care services throughout the state, guaranteeing round-the-clock mental health support, even in the most remote areas.
Q4.When is the 54th International Film Festival of India scheduled to take place?
- October 20 to 28
- November 20 to 28
- December 20 to 28
- January 20 to 28
Ans:-2) November 20 to 28
- The 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), renowned for its global celebration of cinema, is slated to be held from November 20 to 28 in the picturesque coastal state of Goa.
- India has had the privilege of hosting 53 editions of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) since its inception in 1952, encompassing both competitive and non-competitive segments. Commencing in 1975, the festival evolved into an annual extravaganza. The forthcoming 54th edition of the festival, featuring a competitive section for feature films directed by filmmakers from every continent, is eagerly anticipated in Goa.
- IFFI stands as an annual cultural extravaganza orchestrated by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, in collaboration with the Entertainment Society of Goa, Government of Goa—the festival’s gracious host state. The mantle of its administration has transitioned to the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) following the amalgamation of film media units.
Q5.Which city in India is poised to become the country’s first Wetland City?
Ans:- 2) Udaipur
- The Rajasthan government, in collaboration with the Environment and Forest Department, is taking dedicated steps to raise Udaipur, famously known as the ‘City of Lakes,’ to international acclaim with the goal of becoming India’s inaugural wetland city.
- Udaipur, renowned for its breathtaking natural allure and ecological significance, is on track to meet all the criteria set forth by the Ramsar Convention. Spanning an expanse of 37 square kilometers, the city is adorned by five major lakes – Pichola, Fateh Sagar, Rang Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, and Doodh Talai.
- The Ramsar Convention, formally recognized as the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance Especially as Waterfowl Habitat, stands as a global accord crafted to safeguard and sustainably manage wetlands of international significance.
Q6.What is set to become a prominent tourist destination in Visakhapatnam, often referred to as ‘Miniature Eastern Ghats’?
- A newly constructed theme park
- An upcoming wildlife sanctuary
- A scenic area resembling the Eastern Ghats
- A historical monument
Ans:- 3)A scenic area resembling the Eastern Ghats
- The ‘Miniature Eastern Ghats’ (MEG) forest arena, slated to emerge as a prominent tourist hotspot in Visakhapatnam starting from November 2023, promises visitors an immersive experience in a breathtaking mountainous setting.
- More than just a forest, the ‘Miniature Eastern Ghats’ serves as a tribute to the distinctive flora that graces the Eastern Ghats. Within this forest arena, a diverse range of medicinal plants thrives, effectively transforming it into a living apothecary. Additionally, it features an astrology-themed garden, showcasing 27 plant varieties associated with the zodiac signs.
- The Miniature Eastern Ghats stands as a comprehensive showcase of the Eastern Ghats’ rich biodiversity. The project, which incurred an expenditure of approximately ₹2.5 crore, was made possible through contributions from various government and private entities as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR) endeavors.
Q7.What was the retail inflation rate in September?
- In September, India witnessed a noteworthy decline in retail inflation, signaling a significant departure from the elevated levels observed over the past 15 months. This reduction, primarily attributed to a softening in vegetable prices, resulted in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) reaching a three-month low.
- While high vegetable prices had been a driver of inflation in August and preceding months, September saw a notable decrease in food inflation, dropping from 9.94% in August to 6.56%. Similarly, cereal inflation decreased from 11.85% in August to 10.95% in September.
- However, despite this overall decline, certain components experienced price hikes, including cereals (which saw an 11% increase), pulses (which witnessed a 16% rise), and spices (with prices increasing by 23%).
Q8.Which sector contributed significantly to this surge in industrial output?
- In August, the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation released data revealing a notable upsurge in India’s industrial output. The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) exhibited a remarkable growth rate of 10.3 percent, marking the highest in 14 months. This figure exceeded the consensus estimate of 9.1 percent, indicating a resilient performance by the sector.
- In comparison to July, where initial reports suggested an industrial growth of 5.7 percent, later revised to 6.0 percent, the growth in August represents a substantial improvement. Notably, in August 2022, the industrial sector had faced a decline of -0.7 percent, underscoring the significant progress within a year.
- While the current performance is commendable, experts anticipate a gradual moderation in industrial activity in the upcoming months, even though it will remain robust. Some categories of goods may experience a temporary surge in September and November due to shifts in the festival calendar, which could potentially influence the figures for October.
Q9.How much is the penalty imposed by RBI on Paytm Payments Bank?
- ₹4.5 Crore
- ₹5.4 Crore
- ₹6.2 Crore
- ₹3.8 Crore
Ans:- 2)₹5.4 Crore
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a noteworthy penalty of ₹5.39 crore on Paytm Payments Bank, citing several instances of non-compliance with the RBI’s directives. These penalties were attributed to lapses in adhering to specific provisions, including Know Your Customer (KYC) protocols, cybersecurity measures, and other regulatory requirements. Furthermore, Paytm failed to implement adequate controls related to ‘SMS delivery receipt check.’ Additionally, its V-CIP infrastructure did not effectively prevent connections from IP addresses outside of India, potentially posing security risks.
Q10.What status has been granted to RITES Ltd?
- Mini Ratna
- Bharat Ratna
Ans:- 2) Navratna
- RITES Ltd, a prominent Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) operating under the Ministry of Railways, has attained the esteemed ‘Navratna’ status, making it the 16th CPSE in India to be bestowed with this honor. RITES Ltd is recognized for its pivotal role in offering consultancy services for transport infrastructure, railway inspection, rolling stock leasing and maintenance, along with various related services. This designation as a Navratna acknowledges its significant contribution to the nation’s progress and development.
- To attain the Navratna status, a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) must also fulfill specific financial criteria, which include:
– Maintaining a net profit of over Rs 5,000 crore for three consecutive years.
– Sustaining an average annual turnover of Rs 25,000 crore for three years.
– Maintaining an average annual net worth surpassing Rs 15,000 crore for three years.