Hello,curious minds…!!!Whether you’re a student, professional, or simply someone interested in staying informed, taking part in current affairs quizzes can be both educational and entertaining. So, dive into the world of current affairs quizzes and embark on a journey of knowledge and discovery!
Q1.The “Bharat: The Mother Of Democracy” portal was unveiled at the G20 Exhibition. What is the primary focus of this portal?
1. Historical Monuments in India
2. Indian Democracy
3.Cultural Festivals in India
4.Economic Reforms in India
Ans:-2) Indian Democracy
- On the eve of the G20 leadership summit, the Ministry of Culture unveiled a remarkable online portal titled “Bharat: The Mother of Democracy.” This portal serves as a comprehensive digital exhibition chronicling the rich history of democracy in India, spanning an astonishing 7,000 years – from the Sindhu-Saraswati civilization to the year 2019. The portal is meticulously curated by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), ensuring the accuracy and richness of the content.
Q2.President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the first Global Symposium on Farmers’ Rights in New Delhi. What is the main subject of this symposium?
1.Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture
2.Women’s Empowerment in Farming
3.Farmers’ Rights and Agriculture Sustainability
4.Technological Innovations in Agriculture
Ans:-3)Farmers’ Rights and Agriculture Sustainability
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the First Global Symposium on Farmers’ Rights in New Delhi. This symposium, organized by the Secretariat of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (International Treaty) of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Rome, was hosted by the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- President Murmu, in her address, underscored the pivotal role of the global farming community as the foremost conservers of crop diversity. She emphasized that farmers bear a unique responsibility and wield considerable power in safeguarding and revitalizing various plant and species varieties crucial for the well-being of all.
Q3.The Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has approved the Mob Lynching Victim Compensation Scheme 2023. What is the objective of this scheme?
1.To provide financial assistance to victims of mob lynching
2.To rehabilitate individuals involved in mob lynching incidents
3.To establish legal support for perpetrators of mob lynching
4.To encourage public participation in mob lynching cases
Ans:-1) To provide financial assistance to victims of mob lynching
- The Madhya Pradesh (MP) cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, has given the green light to a series of transformative initiatives aimed at addressing critical issues within the state. These initiatives encompass compensation for mob lynching victims, housing schemes for homeless families, enhanced honorarium for guest faculty, flood relief packages, and the expansion of public services.
Q4.he Raksha Mantri inaugurated 90 BRO infrastructure projects valued at more than Rs 2,900 Crore. What does BRO stand for?
1.Bharatiya Rail Organization
2.Border Road Organization
3.Building and Road Operations
4.Borderland Resource Organization
Ans:-2)Border Road Organization
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has dedicated to the nation 90 infrastructure projects of Border Roads Organisation (BRO), worth over Rs 2,900 crore, spread across 11 States/Union Territories. The projects were inaugurated by the Raksha Mantri at an event in Jammu on September 12, 2023.
- These include Nechiphu Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh; two airfields in West Bengal; two helipads; 22 roads and 63 bridges. Of these 90 projects, 36 are in Arunachal Pradesh; 26 in Ladakh; 11 in Jammu & Kashmir; five in Mizoram; three in Himachal Pradesh; two each in Sikkim, Uttarakhand & West Bengal and one each in Nagaland, Rajasthan and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Q5.In August, Indian retail inflation eased to:
- In August, India’s retail inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), showed signs of moderation, dropping to 6.83% from 7.44% in July. However, it remained above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) target range of 4+/-2%.Vegetable prices cooled, contributing to the decline in inflation. August’s CPI is 61 basis points lower than July’s 15-month high. Despite the decrease, it continues to exceed the RBI’s acceptable range.
- This is the fourth instance of CPI breaching the RBI’s upper limit in 2023.Urban CPI: Urban CPI slowed to 6.59% from 7.20% in July. Rural CPI: Rural inflation fell to 7.02% from 7.63% in the previous month. Food Inflation: Food inflation, accounting for half of the CPI basket, rose to 9.94% from 2.91% in the previous month.
Q6.Bank of Baroda unveiled four new savings accounts. What is the objective of introducing these accounts?
1.To promote digital banking services
2.To provide additional services to existing customers
3.To attract new customers and cater to their diverse banking needs
4.To streamline account management for corporate clients
Ans:-3)To attract new customers and cater to their diverse banking needs
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has introduced four new savings accounts. These accounts cater to a diverse range of customer needs, making banking more accessible and convenient to enhance customer offerings and provide tailored financial solutions.
- The saving accounts are as follows: 1. BoB LITE Savings Account: A Lifetime No Minimum Balance Account, 2. BOB BRO Savings Account: Zero Balance Savings Account for Students (16 to 25 years), 3. My Family My Bank/BOB Parivar Account: A Comprehensive Family Savings Account and 4. Baroda NRI PowerPack Account: A Tailored Account for Non-Resident Indians.
Q7.What has NPCI introduced recently in the realm of contactless payments?
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced a groundbreaking contactless payment wearable ring known as the ‘OTG Ring.’ This innovative device has been developed in collaboration with the Indian fintech startup LivQuik.
- The ‘OTG Ring’ represents a significant advancement in contactless payment technology. Designed and made in India, this wearable ring is set to transform the way people make payments and engage in various financial transactions.
- The ‘OTG Ring’ is tailored for National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) customers, opening up a world of possibilities for convenient and secure transactions. NCMC is a critical component of India’s digital payments ecosystem.
Q8.According to the World Best Countries Report 2023, which country has been ranked as number 1?
- Switzerland has once again claimed the title of the world’s best country, according to the latest U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Countries rankings. This marks Switzerland’s second consecutive year at the pinnacle and its sixth time overall as the No. 1 nation on the list.
- India secured the 30th spot with an overall score of 40.8. In the previous year, in 2022, India held the 31st position out of 85. India achieved its most remarkable performance in the “Movers” category, securing the 5th position. This category evaluates countries based on their potential for future growth and their readiness to face challenges presented by the global economy. In the realm of cultural influence and heritage, India attained the 29th and 10th positions, respectively. In the power category, India claimed the 12th spot.
Q9.Who won the Indonesia Badminton Masters Title from India?
- Indian badminton player Kiran George secured a remarkable victory at the Indonesia Masters 2023, held in Medan, North Sumatra. Competing at the GOR PBSI Pancing court, Kiran George, currently ranked 50th in the badminton rankings, displayed exceptional prowess as he defeated world No. 82 Koo Takahashi of Japan with a score of 21-19, 22-20, all within an intense battle lasting 56 minutes.
- This triumph marked Kiran George’s Second BWF World Tour Super 100 badminton title, following his victory at the Odisha Open the previous year, where he defeated compatriot Priyanshu Rawat in the final.
- Remarkably, Kiran George was the sole Indian player to reach the final at the Indonesia Masters 2023, a testament to his exceptional skills and determination on the court.
Q10.Simona Halep received a 4-year ban from tennis for doping. What is the reason for the ban?
1.Violation of dress code
3.Use of performance-enhancing drugs
4.Involvement in a physical altercation
Ans:-3)Use of performance-enhancing drugs
- he ITIA (International Tennis Integrity Agency) has taken decisive action against two-time Grand Slam champion Simona Halep, handing her a four-year ban from professional tennis due to violations of the sport’s anti-doping program. This move follows Halep’s positive test for Roxadustat at the US Open last year, which led to her provisional suspension.
- With her four-year ban, Simona Halep is ineligible to compete in professional tennis until October 2026, assuming the ruling remains unchallenged. However, there is still a glimmer of hope for Halep. She has the option to appeal the decision and plans to take her case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).