Current Affairs 26th & 27th November 2018
- The United Nations has selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative
- Vice President M Venkiah Naidu laid the foundation stone of the Dera Baba Nanak Kartarpur Sahib corridor for Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
- The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture to celebrate and cherish the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce held at Dilli Haat, Shri Aurobindo Marg, INA, Delhi.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) Indian Navy is on a visit to Russia. The visit aims to consolidate bilateral defence relations with Russia, as also to explore new avenues for defence cooperation.
- Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid has arrived in New Delhi on a 4-day visit to India. This is the first high-level visit from Male after the new government took office.
BANKING & ECONOMY
- The government will infuse INR 42,000 crore in the state-owned banks by March-end and the next tranche would be released as early as December 2018, according to a senior finance ministry official.
- Sameer Verma has won the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships,men’s singles final against China’s Guangzu Lu, to retain the title.
- Australia clinched Women’s World Twenty20 title as they attained an easy win over England in the final of the Women’s World T20 tournament.