As Both banking and SSC are the most demanding job sectors presently where lakhs of candidates are applying every year. The increasing number of bank branches and requirement of fresh and young manpower at different government ministries and departments have resulted in large scale vacancies. Bank recruitments are mostly done for the clerical cadre and officer level while SSC gives jobs in different Ministries. The competitive exams conducted for both banking and SSC are quite identical in some subjects but not in syllabus and scope of particular subjects. Candidates are tested through written examination in the Quantitative aptitude, English language, Reasoning and General Awareness in both exams.
Also Read: Safe Attempts in SSC CGL Prelims Exam
If we talk about General Awareness for both exams there is big difference. In case of banking jobs the entrance examination focuses more on the banking aspects and current affairs, in the general awareness paper while SSC covers wide part of General knowledge includes different subjects.
Difference in pattern of General Awareness for Bank and SSC exam:
General Awareness for SSC Exam:
- In the case of SSC, there is no such one important topic around which the General Awareness section of the test revolves.
- In order to gain good marks in this section candidates need to prepare a lot of topics Indian Polity, Culture, Geography, History, Economy, static Gk and the latest occurings all across the world.
- In the last few years, it has been observed that most of the questions are framed from the section of science to test the knowledge of the candidates of the application of science in our daily life.
- Some questions are framed from current affairs, person of importance, books and authors, etc. In order to gain good marks in this paper, candidates should have concise knowledge of the subjects, which they have studied in the school.
General Awareness for Banking Exams:
- The section of General Awareness in the Banking Examinations contains questions from current affairs, which are based on recent important national and international events.
- The paper includes questions based on Indian Economy and International Economy. The other section contains questions based on Agriculture, Books & Authors and Finance.
- The most important section of this paper is framed from the Banking Terminologies. To attempt these questions, candidates must have concise and excellent knowledge of the banking sector. They should possess knowledge about the Banking Terms, RBI Functions, History of Banking, Fiscal and Monetary Policy of India. They should be aware of all the changes made in the Financial Sector of India and how they are actually affecting the Indian Economy. So, while preparing for the General Awareness Section of the banking exam, candidates should focus on the Banking Sector the most.
- They need not to study the subjects like history, geography and political science.
Though there are considerable differences in the general awareness paper for banking and SSC exams, the candidates need to prepare themselves by keeping a tab of latest and ongoing incidents in the national and international news for both exams.