“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers
Q1.Country’s First Underground Power Transformer In Bengaluru Installed
- Energy Minister KJ George inaugurated the country’s inaugural underground transformer center, a significant step towards modernizing the city’s power distribution infrastructure. Located at 15th Avenue, Malleswaram, the underground transformer center is a collaborative effort between the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) and the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
Q2.What has the Indian government launched for visitors related to the G20 summit?
- G20 Visitor Guide
- G20 Information Portal
- G20 India Mobile App
- G20 Travel Companion
Ans:-3)G20 India Mobile App
- In preparation for the upcoming G20 Summit in Delhi, the Indian government has unveiled the G20 India mobile app, a digital tool designed to facilitate interaction and provide valuable information for all visitors, including ministers.
Q3. During India’s presidency of the G20, which organization became a permanent member?
- European Union
- United Nations
- African Union
- During the opening session of the two-day G20 Summit, the African Union (AU) received an official invitation to join the Group of 20 largest economies (G20) as a permanent member. This momentous declaration was made by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, marking a significant stride towards a more inclusive and equitable global economic landscape.
Q4. Where did Prime Minister Modi and President Biden hold a bilateral meeting ahead of the G20 Summit?
1. Washington D.C.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and U.S. President Joe Biden, in their second bilateral meeting in less than six months, reaffirmed their commitment to deepening the partnership between their countries. This meeting took place as Delhi hosted leaders from the Group of 20 (G20) nations, both industrialized and developing.
Q5.Which Indian state’s cabinet has approved pension benefits and Other Backward Class (OBC) status for the transgender community?
- The Jharkhand government has taken a progressive step by including the transgender community in its universal pension scheme. The council of ministers has approved the proposal of Mukhyamantri Rajya Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana for transgender people under the social assistance scheme. The eligible beneficiary will receive Rs 1,000 per month as financial aid.
Q6.Which edition of the bilateral naval exercise between India and France was conducted in 2023?
- The Indian and French Navies, steeped in rich maritime traditions and strategic cooperation, recently concluded the Phase II of the 21st edition of the Varuna naval exercise, Varuna-23. Held in the Arabian Sea, this exercise exemplifies the commitment of both nations to enhance their warfighting capabilities, improve interoperability, and promote peace, security, and stability in the region.
Q7.Which bank has introduced the first national transit card for digital fare payments in India?
4. SBI Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender, has taken a significant step in enhancing the commuting experience and promoting digital payment adoption with the launch of the ‘Nation First Transit Card. This innovative card is designed to facilitate seamless and convenient customer commuting experiences, offering easy digital ticketing fare payments across various modes of transportation, such as metro, buses, water ferries, parking, and more, all through a single card. Additionally, the card can also be used for making retail and e-commerce payments.
Q8.Who is the author of the book “Fire on the Ganges: Life among the Dead in Banaras”?
- Arundhati Roy
- Vikram Seth
- Radhika Iyengar
- Chetan Bhagat
- Radhika Iyengar is the author of the book ‘Fire on the Ganges: Life Among the Dead in Banaras,’ released by HarperCollins. The book explores the city of Banaras (also known as Varanasi) in India, particularly its relationship with death and the afterlife. Fire on the Ganges is the first attempt to chronicle the everyday realities of the Doms in Banaras. Through their tales of struggle and survival, betrayal and love, it tells the at-times-heartbreaking, at-times-exhilarating story of a community struggling to find a place beyond that accorded to it by ancient tradition.
Q9.Which state initiated the ‘Pudhumai Penn Scheme’ aimed at offering monthly financial support to female students pursuing undergraduate programs?
3. Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government launched the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme, also known as the ‘Pudhumai Pen Scheme’.
It provides a monthly grant of Rs 1,000 to female students to pursue a bachelor’s degree, diploma, ITI, or any other recognised course. Those who attended government schools from Class 6 to 12 will be eligible for the financial aid.
Q10.The recently launched ‘Ni-kshay 2.0 portal’ is linked to which disease?
- Indian President Droupadi Murmu is set to launch the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan ‘Ni-kshay 2.0’ portal.
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has set a target for eradication of tuberculosis by 2025. Nikshay 2.0 is a digital platform for community support for the persons with TB. It provides additional patient support to improve treatment outcome of tuberculosis patients.