“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Q1.Where was the world’s tallest Nataraja statue installed?
- G20 summit venue
- United Nations headquarters
- Vatican City
- Tokyo, Japan
Ans:-1)G20 summit venue
- At the venue of the G20 Summit, world leaders will be greeted by a breathtaking 27-foot-tall statue of Nataraja, Lord Shiva in his cosmic dance. This magnificent sculpture, made from an eight-metal alloy known as ashtadhatu, weighs a staggering 18 tonnes, requiring a trailer with 36 tires for transportation to Delhi.
Q2.Which programme did the UK rejoin for science research?
- EU’s Horizon Science Research Programme
- NASA’s Space Exploration Program
- WHO’s Global Health Initiative
- UNESCO’s Cultural Preservation Initiative
Ans:-1)EU’s Horizon Science Research Programme
- After a two-year post-Brexit standoff regarding science funding, the United Kingdom has decided to rejoin the European Union’s Horizon science research programme. This move is seen as a significant development in bilateral relations between the UK and the EU, following the resolution of a trade dispute seven months prior.
Q3.Which Indian state will host the inaugural Zayed Charity Marathon in 2024?
- Tamil Nadu
- The Higher Organising Committee of the Zayed Charity Marathon has announced a groundbreaking development for India – the inaugural edition of the renowned marathon is set to take place in the vibrant state of Kerala in 2024.
Q4.Which Indian state passed a resolution to declare ‘Poila Baisakh’ as its State Foundation Day?
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
- The West Bengal assembly made a significant decision by passing a resolution to officially observe Bengali New Year’s Day, known as Poila Baisakh, as the state’s foundation day on April 15th. This decision comes amid controversy and disagreements over the date chosen for this celebration.
Q5.Which Indian naval vessel has arrived in Egypt to participate in ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR-23’?
- INS Vikramaditya
- INS Sumedha
- INS Chakra
- INS Kamorta
- Indian Navy’s INS Sumedha arrived at Port Alexandria, Egypt to participate in ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23’. This edition of the multinational Tri-Services military exercise will see participation from 34 countries. It is the largest ever joint military exercise in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Q6.Where will the Street Child Cricket World Cup be held from September 22?
- For the very first time, Chennai will be the host city for “Street 20,” an incredibly heartwarming cricket tournament exclusively dedicated to street children, aiming to captivate the hearts of both cricket enthusiasts and advocates for children’s rights alike.
Q7.What initiatives has India recently launched for conversational payments?
1.ChatPay and BillConnect
2.VoiceUP and IndiaPay
3. TalkNow and PayEasy
4. Hello UPI and Bharat BillPay Connect
Ans:-4)Hello UPI and Bharat BillPay Connect
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) unveiled two conversational payments initiatives during the Global Fintech Fest. These initiatives, ‘Hello UPI’ and ‘Bharat BillPay Connect,’ mark a significant step forward in facilitating seamless digital transactions through natural language conversations.
Q8.Which state is Satkosia Tiger Reserve, recently in the news, located in?
- Satkosia Tiger Reserve, located in Odisha, spans over four districts: Angul, Cuttack, Boudh, and Nayagarh. Covering an extensive area of 1136.70 sq km, with a core area of 523.61 sq km, it is a vital part of the Mahanadi Elephant Reserve. The reserve holds ecological significance as it converges the Deccan Peninsula and the Eastern Ghats. Its terrain is characterized by hills, slopes, and valleys, with vegetation predominantly comprising North Indian tropical moist deciduous forests and Moist peninsular low-level sal. The reserve is home to diverse wildlife, including tigers, elephants, leopards, deer, bears, and rare species like freshwater crocodiles and gharials.
Q9.In which city was the 12 feet tall Mahatma Gandhi statue and ‘Gandhi Vatika’ recently inaugurated?
- New Delhi
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu unveiled a 12-foot statue of Mahatma Gandhi and inaugurated ‘Gandhi Vatika’ at Gandhi Darshan, New Delhi on September 4, 2023. She commended Gandhi’s global impact, especially his non-violent principles amid world conflicts like the world wars. The President noted leaders like Mandela, King Jr., and Obama, who were inspired by Gandhi’s ideals for global well-being. She stressed the vital role of institutions like Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti in propagating his teachings through diverse media.
Q10.Which agency launched the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO)?
- NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), launched in 2009, recently captured an image of India’s Chandrayaan-3 lander. The LRO’s primary mission is to construct a detailed 3D map of the Moon’s surface from a polar orbit. With seven advanced science instruments, including a powerful telescope and camera system, it has significantly contributed to lunar geology, mineralogy, and environmental studies. Equipped with a laser altimeter, it produces precise 3D maps, and its temperature sensor identified the coldest spot in the solar system.