English Vocabulary Words – 65
Here is today’s 10 English words with their meaning (English/Hindi), a sentence, antonyms and synonyms. Keep following us for more updates
1. Ravenous (Adjective) :– devouring or craving food in great quantities, extremely hungry. (bahot bhookha)
Synonyms: voracious, rapacious, edacious, esurient, gluttonous.
Uses: It keeps the ravenous predators of the market at bay.
2. Vacuous (Adjective) :– having or showing a lack of intelligence or serious thought: lacking meaning or importance. (Rikt, Moorkh)
Synonyms: Vacant, blank, void. devoid.
Uses: Clinton’s preference for vacuous campaigning gives Republicans an opening.
3. Vivacious (Adjective) :– vigorous and animated.
Synonyms: animated, lively, vibrant.
Uses: A vivacious person is lively and spirited.
4. Despondency (Noun) :– feeling downcast and disheartened and hopeless. (nirash, hatash)
Synonyms: despair, hopelessness.
Uses: He had led the country out of the despondency which followed the defeat of Novara and the abdication of Charles Albert, through all the vicissitudes of national unification to the final triumph at Rome.
My Words Define Me
5. Detrimental (Adjective) :– causing harm or injury, (Hanikarak)
Synonyms: baleful, deleterious, noxious, pernicious, obnoxious, baneful,hazardous.
Uses: It noted Pakistani leaders’ fears it could have “substantial detrimental effects” on the economy.
6. Indolent (Adjective) :– disinclined to work. (Aalasi, Sust)
Synonyms: sluggish, lazy, lethargy, slothful.
Uses: But prostate cancer can grow slowly or remain dormant — indolent, in medical parlance.
7. Industrious (Adjective) :– characterized by hard work and perseverance. (Mehanti)
Synonyms: assiduous, diligent, laborious, sedulous.
Uses: If someone comments that you are very industrious, they are complimenting you for working hard and tirelessly.
8. Lackadaisical (Adjective) :– lacking spirit or liveliness. (kam Ikshashakti Wala)
Synonyms: lazy, apathetic, lacklustre.
Uses: A person with a lackadaisical attitude shows no enthusiasm and puts forth a half-hearted effort.
English: Find The grammatical Error -1
9. Predicament (Noun) :– a situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one. (Duvidha, Asmanjas)
Synonyms: quandary, plight, dilemma, impasse, quagmire.
Uses: If you’re engaged to get married, but suddenly fall in love with someone else, you have got yourself in quite a predicament.
Tips to Improve your Quant for Various Exams
10. Propensity (Noun) :- an inclination to do something. (Pravritti)
Synonyms: tendency, inclination, aptness, proneness.
Uses: Dogs have a propensity to bark, and many people have a propensity for getting annoyed by it.