Stay connected with our Current Affairs Digest and embark on a journey of knowledge and understanding.
Q1.Which country has launched Southeast Asia’s first high-speed railway named ‘Whoosh’?
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo formally inaugurated Southeast Asia’s inaugural high-speed railway on Monday, signifying a significant leap forward in the nation’s infrastructure development.
- The ambitious venture, known as the “Whoosh” high-speed railway, constitutes a pivotal element of China’s Belt and Road Initiative. It is poised to substantially shorten travel durations between two pivotal Indonesian cities: Jakarta and Bandung.
- The term “Whoosh,” which in the Indonesian language translates to ‘Waktu Hemat, Operasi Optimal, Sistem Handal,’ embodies the values of time-saving, optimal operation, and a dependable system. This nomenclature underscores the project’s commitment to efficiency and trustworthiness.
Q2.What is the current inflation rate in Pakistan as per the statement?
- In September, Pakistan experienced a drastic surge in its inflation rate, reaching a staggering 31.4% year-on-year. This sharp increase, primarily attributed to soaring fuel and energy costs, comes after a peak of 27.4% in August, underscoring the significant economic challenges the country is grappling with.
- To combat this inflationary trend, Pakistan implemented an unprecedented interest rate hike to 22%. Although the country’s currency, the rupee, hit record lows in August, it rebounded in September, emerging as the best-performing currency due to stringent measures against unregulated foreign exchange trading.
- The Ministry of Finance foresees inflation remaining elevated, ranging from 29% to 31% in the upcoming months. Despite this, the government recently reduced prices of petrol and diesel following successive hikes, attributing the adjustment to international petroleum prices and an improved exchange rate.
Q3.Who emerged victorious in the Maldives Presidential Election according to the statement?
- Mohamed Muizzu
- Pro-China Leader
- Unspecified Candidate
- The statement does not provide enough information to answer
- Following a runoff vote, Mohamed Muizzu, the candidate from the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), emerged victorious in the presidential elections. This win was necessary as the initial round of polling failed to yield a definitive outcome.
- Muizzu garnered over 53 percent of the vote in the runoff, surpassing the incumbent president, Ibrahim Solih. President Ibrahim Solih graciously accepted the result and extended his congratulations to Muizzu on his victory.
- Currently serving as the mayor of the capital city, Male, Muizzu is a highly educated leader with a doctorate in civil engineering from the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom. He previously held the position of Minister of Housing in former President Abdulla Yameen’s cabinet
Q4.What is the subject of the Bihar Census mentioned in the statement?
- Economic Trends in Bihar
- Demographic Insights in Bihar
- Education Levels in Bihar
- Healthcare Infrastructure in Bihar
Ans:-2)Demographic Insights in Bihar
- The Bihar government has recently disclosed the outcomes of its caste survey, offering insights into the demographic makeup of the state. This survey furnishes significant data concerning the distribution of various castes in Bihar.
- Outlined below are the major revelations from the Bihar caste survey: The Extremely Backward Class (EBC) constitutes 36.01% of the population. The Other Backward Class (OBC) comprises 27.13% of the population. The Scheduled Caste (SC) population stands at 19.65%. The Scheduled Tribe (ST) population is at 1.68%. The General Caste population accounts for 15.52%. Yadavs represent 14% of the population. Hindus make up 82% of the population, while Muslims account for 17.71%.
Q5.Where was the new Khadi India outlet inaugurated by KVIC?
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kanpur
Ans:-2) IIT Delhi
- In a proactive move to bridge the gap between generations and rekindle interest in the timeless fabric, the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) inaugurated a modernized Khadi India outlet at the esteemed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Campus in Delhi on October 2.
- Acknowledging the importance of aligning with contemporary fashion tastes, a new line of Khadi clothing has been curated. This range is tailored to captivate younger audiences, featuring vibrant hues and modern designs.
- Under the supervision of the Centre of Excellence for Khadi (CoEK) team, Khadi Institutions have standardized the production of nine distinct styles of Khadi garments. The introduction of this outlet at IIT stands as a pioneering step, heralding a fresh narrative surrounding Khadi fashion.
Q6.How many ISRO scientists were honored by the Tamil Nadu government, and what is the announced award amount?
- 5 scientists, ₹2.25 lakh
- 7 scientists, ₹2.25 crore
- 10 scientists, ₹2.25 crore
- 9 scientists, ₹2.25 crore
Ans:-4)9 scientists, ₹2.25 crore
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin recently honored nine distinguished space scientists from the state, including prominent figures such as K Sivan and Mylswamy Annadurai, for their exceptional contributions to India’s space program.
- During a special event held in Chennai on October 2, 2023, Chief Minister Stalin announced cash awards of Rs. 25 lakh for each of the scientists. Additionally, plans were revealed for a scholarship program aimed at promoting scientific innovation among postgraduate engineering students.
- CM Stalin made two significant announcements during the ceremony. Firstly, a cash award of Rs. 25 lakh would be presented to each of the nine scientists as a token of appreciation for their dedication and hard work. Secondly, the government would establish a scholarship program in the name of the renowned scientist, benefitting nine postgraduate engineering students. A corpus of Rs. 10 crore would be earmarked for this initiative, covering all expenses, including tuition and hostel fees.
Q7.Where did the Master Training Of Football For Schools (F4S) commence?
- Cuttack, Odisha
- Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Sambalpur, Odisha
- Puri, Odisha
- On October 2, 2023, a two-day master training program aimed at enhancing the capacity of the F4S program was initiated in Sambalpur, Odisha. This event brought together 95 Physical Education Teachers/Trainees from various States/UTs, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), and AIFF.
- The main objective of this training was to equip these educators with the skills and knowledge necessary to promote football as an essential component of physical education. Football for Schools (F4S) is an ambitious initiative led by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). F4S aspires to transform physical education in Indian schools.
- Fundamentally, F4S endeavors to empower around 700 million children by incorporating football into their educational experience. This endeavor acknowledges the potential of sports, particularly football, in nurturing comprehensive development. It underscores inclusivity for both boys and girls, working in collaboration with pertinent authorities and stakeholders to integrate football seamlessly into the educational framework.
Q8.What will the Indian Navy reveal at Swavlamban 2.0?
- Weaponized Boat Swarms
- Underwater Vessels
- Both A and B
- None of the above
Ans:-3)Both A and B
- The Indian Navy is gearing up to host the second edition of the Naval Innovation and Indigenization Seminar, known as Swavlamban, which is slated to occur on October 4th and 5th in the lively city of New Delhi.
- During this event, the Indian Navy is poised to introduce two groundbreaking platforms: the Autonomous Weaponized Boat Swarms and the Autonomous Underwater Vessel (AUV).
- In a significant partnership, the Indian Navy has collaborated with Sagar Defence Engineering Pvt. Ltd for the development of these autonomous systems. By implementing an integrated autonomous system, the primary aim is to cater to India’s maritime security requirements by undertaking a range of naval and security missions.
Q9.What is the Indian Air Force preparing to induct?
- Astra BVR Air-To-Air Missile
- BrahMos Cruise Missile
- Agni Ballistic Missile
- Prithvi Short-Range Missile
Ans:-1)Astra BVR Air-To-Air Missile
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is taking substantial measures to enhance its air defense capabilities by introducing the indigenous Astra Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Air-to-Air Missiles. Contracts have been established with Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for the procurement of these advanced missiles, marking a pivotal stride towards reducing reliance on imports and fortifying national security.
- The inaugural batch of Astra-MK1 missiles, engineered by the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) and Research Centre Imarat (RCI) along with other DRDO laboratories, is scheduled for induction by the end of 2023. BDL has already obtained Bulk Production Clearance for Astra-MK1 missiles, marking a significant achievement in indigenous missile manufacturing.
Q10.What was the growth rate of India’s GST revenue in September?
- In September 2023, India observed a noteworthy deceleration in its Gross Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenues, marking the slowest growth rate in 27 months. The growth rate diminished to 10.2% compared to the previous month’s approximately 10.8%. While this decline is significant, it was accompanied by intriguing variations in GST collections among different states.
- The components of GST comprised ₹29,818 crore in Central GST (CGST) collections, ₹37,657 crore in State GST (SGST), and ₹83,623 crore in Integrated GST (IGST). Additionally, there were GST compensation cess inflows of ₹11,613 crore, which included ₹881 crore collected from the import of goods. It is plausible that pending dues from businesses, particularly since the commencement of GST in 2017-18, may have contributed to the upswing in revenues for September.