UPSC – Prelims 2018 Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 is scheduled to be held on 3rd June 2018 (Sunday).Here are tips from an expert, a strategy that will help you get started towards this year’s goal. But before we move to the strategy, let’s have a look at the exam pattern for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2018.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam consists of 2 papers. Both the papers contain objective type questions. Marks obtained in only GS Paper-I are considered for selection in mains examination.
Most of your focus should be on preparing for GS Paper-I but at the same time GS Paper-II should not be ignored. Following table shows the pattern of Prelims exam.
|Paper Name||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Time||Negative marking||Remarks|
|GS Paper-I||100||200||2 hours||1/3rd||–|
|GS Paper-II(CSAT)||80||200||2 hours||1/3rd||Qualifying in nature (33 %)|
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.)