Precis Writing – Golden Tips and Rules
As you know that nowadays Descriptive paper will become an important section in all the competitive exam and Many of you who never faced any descriptive exam, need to prepare to prepare for at least one week for this exam.
Precis writing is an exercise in compression. A precis is the gist of a passage expressed in as few words as possible. A precis should give all essential points so that anyone reading it will be able to understand the idea expressed in the original passage.
Steps to write Precis Writing :-
- Read the paragraph and count the words
- Write important points and link them
- Start writing the paragraph and review them
- While writing, don’t go back and read paragraph again
- Edit and modify
Golden rules for writing Precis
Tips for writing Precis
- Number of words in Precis should of 1/3 of the actual paragraph
- Don’t change the central idea of paragraph
- Retain the keywords of the paragraph
- Don’t waste your time in counting words, instead count lines.
- Your precis should be completed in one paragraph only
- Avoid weak sentences
Dont’s for writing Precis
- Don’t give your personal opinion
- Don’t use any idiom of your own
- Never conclude anything of your own
- Never assume anything