India Post Payment Bank Mains Exam – Tips & Tricks
India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) has been recently incorporated as a Public Limited Company under the Department of Posts with 100% GOI equity. This exam is being conducted for the first time for a total of 650 vacancies. IPPB JMGS – I Mains Exam will be conducted on 29th January 2017.
Here are a few important pointers that would help you in the upcoming IPPB Mains Exam.
Exam Pattern –
|S. No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 minutes|
|2.||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|5.||Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
- You need to clear the Sectional as well as Overall Cutoff in order to be eligible for Interviews.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Since pattern has been varied to a great extent by IBPS this year, we advise you to take care of the following while attempting this section –
- Attempt Puzzles & Arrangement first only if you have a thorough practice of this topic, otherwise it will only result in wasting precious time. It would be better to attempt other topics of this section first and then attempt these questions. While solving these questions, make sure that you consider all possible scenarios.
- In case Syllogism on new pattern is asked, do not panic, remember, basic of the topic would still be same
- New Pattern of Coding – Decoding was also introduced this year. A better hold on these questions can be achieved only by practice. Try to establish all possible relations
- Quantity based Data Sufficiency was introduced this year by IBPS. You need to evaluate the values of Quantity I & Quantity II and then establish the relationship between them.
- This section will be calculative. So make sure that you maintain proper speed since the start.
- Be very attentive while solving questions because a minor error in calculation can cost you important marks and time.
- Attempt Miscellaneous questions once you are done with the other topics of this section because these questions are asked individually and consume a lot of time.
- Be very careful while selecting questions and make sure that you pick questions as per your strengths.
Pattern and Level of English Language Section has varied greatly this year, so you’ll have to be very careful while attempting this section.
- Pattern of Para Jumbles was changed this year. Instead of a set of 5, single question was asked from this topic where you had to spot the proper arrangement. While attempting these topics, try to identify the opening and closing sentences and then look up the options
- Pattern of Spotting Errors has also varied. Instead of identifying errors in a single statement, you might be given a set of 4-5 statements and you might be asked to identify the sentences which are grammatically correct or incorrect.
- Comprehension and Cloze Test are expected to be Economy based. You can go through the articles of newspapers like The Economist, The Hindu etc. for reference.
- Apart from this, you may be asked questions from phrase starters, para completion, synonyms/ antonyms as well. So prepare accordingly
- Questions will be asked mainly from the Current Affairs & Banking Awareness topics (For instance, you may come across questions related to demonetization)
- This section may also include questions on Books & authors, Currencies, Important Places, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Ministers Schemes, Important Days etc.
- It would be advisable to go through the GK updates of at least last 2 – 3 months.
- Do not forget to prepare for static GK part as well, especially the countries, their capitals and currencies (Try to focus especially on the countries that have been in news lately, for instance, the countries visited by our Prime Minister or President or with whom any major MoU has been signed).
Questions may be asked from the following topics –
- Fundamentals of Computer
- History of Computer
- MS Office – Word, Power point, Excel & Access
- Input Output devices
- Computer Shortcuts
- Important Abbreviations
All the best for your Mains Exam….