Current Affairs For 9th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
181. Which college has been named as one of the seven conservation projects to be recognized with
the ‘2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation’?
Answer: Amar Singh College, Srinagar
182. Who has been appointed as ‘Fit India’ Ambassador?
Answer: Kuldeep Handoo (2020 Dronacharya Awardee)
183. Indian origin young scientist from Colorado, ______________ has been named as ‘Kid of the Year’ by
TIME magazine. TIME Magazine has rolled out ‘Kid of The Year’ award for the first time.
Answer: Gitanjali Rao (15 years)
184. Indian-origin global health expert ________________ has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer
for the WHO Foundation- a newly formed body under WHO.
Answer: Anil Soni
185. Prasar Bharati’s CEO, __________________ has been elected as the Vice President of Asia Pacific
Broadcasting Union (ABU) for 3 years with immediate effect.
Answer: Shashi Shekhar Vempati
186. _____________________________tenure as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
has been extended for a period of six months by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
Answer: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
187. Vineet Agarwal has taken over as the new President of which entity?
Answer: Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
188. Who has penned the book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan’. It is written in Hindi
and is published by Prabhat Prakashan.
Answer: Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi
189. Which person has recently become the youngest-ever elected Mayor, in India?
Answer: Arya Rajendran (21-years) She became the Mayor of Thiruvananthapuram. Arya is a second-year
student of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Mathematics at the All-Saints College.
190. Name the founder and CEO of MDH (Mahashian Di Hatti Private Limited), an Indian spice company,
who recently passed away in Delhi.
Answer: Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati
191. Eminent Malayalam poet, conservationist, and women’s activist, ___________________ passed away.