Current Affairs For 7th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
159. Government of India and which global agency has signed $400 million loan agreement to support
India’s social assistance effort directed towards the poor and vulnerable households severely impacted
Answer: World Bank
This is the 2nd operation in a programmatic series of two, where first operation of $750 million was approved
in May 2020. This credit is from the International Development Association of World Bank.
160. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved re-appointment of ________________ as Managing Director
of Kotak Mahindra Bank for a further tenure of 3 years, with effect from January 1, 2021.
Answer: Uday Kotak
161. Government of India has signed a ______________ loan agreement with New Development
Bank to support Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan through MGNREGA Scheme.
Answer: $1 billion
162. Which Bank in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched
a contactless debit card titled ‘RuPay Select’?
Answer: Central Bank of India
163. NITI Aayog’s CEO Amitabh Kant has virtually launched India’s first digital asset management
platform titled as _____________.
164. Which Bank has rolled out an online platform titled as ‘Infinite India’ supporting foreign companies
to establish or expand business in India?
Answer: ICICI Bank
165. Central Government and which global agency has signed a USD 500 million loan agreement to build
safe and green national highway corridors in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, UP and Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: World Bank
Green National Highways Corridors Project will support Road Transport and Highways Ministry to construct
783 km of highways.
166. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the banking license of which Local Area bank with effect
from December 24, 2020 as the bank had breached the minimum net worth requirement for 2 quarters
Answer: Subhadra Local Area Bank, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
167. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has introduced new rule that
mandates businesses with monthly turnover of over _____________to pay at least 1% of their GST liability
in cash instead of using input tax credits.
Answer: ₹50 lakh
CBIC introduced Rule 86B in GST rules that restricts use of input tax credit (ITC) for discharging GST liability to
168. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has recently declared
“________________” as the winner of the United Nations Investment Promotion Award, 2020.
Answer: Invest India
The award recognizes outstanding achievements of Investment Promotion Agencies spread all over the world.
Around 180 such agencies were shortlisted for the award in 2020.
169. Who has become the first Indian to win the 2020 Global Teacher Prize, carries prize money of $1
Answer: Ranjitsinh Disale
Mr Disale is a government teacher from Zilla Parishad Primary School, in Paritewadi village, Solapur district of