Current Affairs For 14th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
236. Which country’s parliament has recently passed a landmark legislation that made menstruation
products like sanitary pads and tampons free of cost to those people who need them?
237. Recently released ‘World Wide Fund – Water Risk Filter’ Report states that nearly 30 Indian cities are
likely to face acute water risks. Of these 30 cities, which city has topped the list?
Jaipur was followed by Indore, Thane, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Delhi. The number of cities affected with water
risks will increase to 100 by 2050.
238. According to Annual Report on ‘Vital Statistics on India based on Civil Registration System 2018’,
which state has recorded the Highest Sex Ratio at Birth in the country with 1,084 females born per
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
It was followed by Nagaland (965) & Mizoram (964), Kerala (963), and Karnataka (957).
The report was released by the Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner of India, Ministry of
Home Affairs, Government of India.
Manipur (757), Lakshadweep (839), Daman & Diu (877) recorded the Lowest Sex Ratio at Birth in the country.
239. The ‘International Air Transport Association’ has recently announced that _________________is the
world’s most connected city in the world.
240. The government of India has recently expanded the PLI (Production Linked Incentive) scheme to how
Answer: 10 Sectors
The Government of India in March 2020 introduced the PLI scheme to boost domestic manufacturing and cut
down import bills. The central government aims to provide incentives to the companies on incremental sales
from products manufactured in domestic units.
241. The Fifteenth Finance Commission headed by N K Singh has recently submitted its report to the
President of India. The Commission has recommended that the states shall get ____________ shares of
central tax revenues.
Earlier, the fourteenth Finance Commission had recommended 42%.
242. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has recently issued an order to expand the Pradhan
Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM). Accordingly, the new target of the
scheme was enhanced to achieve solar capacity of_______________ by 2022.
Answer: 30.8 GW
243. The Ministry of Labor has recently notified the draft rules for the Industrial Relations Code, 2020.
The rules are to be implemented from_____________________.
st April, 2021
244. Which tech company has collaborated with ‘National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)’ to skill
over 1 lakh under-served women in India with digital skills over the next 10 months?
Answer: Microsoft India
245. The Government of India has set up a 22-member inter-ministerial committee to strengthen the
Capital Goods Sector. The committee will be headed by_________________________.
Answer: Secretary of Department of Heavy Industries (Shri Arun Goel)
The government has set up a 22-member inter-ministerial committee in strengthening the Capital Goods (CG)
Sector through interventions that help the CG Sector in contributing more actively in the national goal of
achieving a USD 5 trillion economy and a USD 1 trillion manufacturing sector.