Current Affairs 9th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. India successfully test-fired
BrahMos supersonic cruise
missile with several indigenous
features. BrahMos missile has
been developed by India in
collaboration with _________.
India successfully test
-fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
with several indigenous features.
● The test firing of the missile was carried out by the Defence
Research and Development Organisation, DRDO from Balasore in
02. Recently, India has established an
Air Bubble arrangement with
Kenya & Bhutan. What is the
capital of Kenya?
C. Addis Ababa
Explanation: India has established Air Bubble arrangement
with Kenya and Bhutan.
● Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said,
in order to further boost bilateral international
air connectivity, Air Bubble arrangements are
now in place with the two countries.
● Now Indian carriers will be able to operate to
03. In Bihar, notification for the First
Phase of State Assembly Elections
was issued. State Assembly Elections
in Bihar will be carried out in
Explanation: In Bihar, notification for the First Phase of State Assembly Elections was issued.
● With this, the election the process of nomination of candidates has started.
● During the First Phase of Assembly elections, polling would be held on 28th of October in 71 Assembly
constituencies spread over 16 districts.
● Bihar Assembly Elections would be held in three phases for 243 constituencies.
● The polling for the second and third phase would be held on 3rd and 7th of November.
● Counting of votes would take place on 10th of November.
04. Recently, a circle of India Post will
release picture postcards on
Sawantwadi Toys. Sawantwadi Toys
are associated with which of the
Explanation: Maharashtra Circle of India Post will release picture
postcards on Sawantwadi Toys to mark the 151 years
of postcards in India.
● Prime Minister Modi on August 30, during his
monthly “Mann ki Baat” programme, talked about
making “toys for the world” and highlighted the
ability of India to become a “toy hub”.
05. Which of the following insurance
company in partnership with
Flipkart have launched a cyber
insurance cover for online
financial frauds ‘Digital Suraksha
A. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
B. IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
C. ICICI Lombard
D. TATA AIG
Explanation: E-commerce marketplace, Flipkart and Bajaj Allianz
General Insurance have launched a cyber insurance cover
for online financial frauds.
● The product, ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance will help
customers who want to cover themselves against financial
losses caused as a result of cyber attacks, cyber frauds, or
other such malicious activities across various online
06. Who among the following recently
launched the new logo of Sports
Authority of India’s (SAI)?
A. Amit Shah
B. Prahlad Singh Patel
C. Kiren Rijiju
D. Ravi Shankar Prasad
Explanation: Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the Sports Authority
of India’s (SAI) new logo at Delhi’s Major Dhyan Chand
● SAI has been the pivot of the sports ecosystem in the
country since its establishment in 1982 and has been
instrumental in identifying and developing grassroot
talents across the country.
● The new logo signifies SAI’s journey of metamorphosis
from identifying and nurturing grassroot level sporting
talent to creating sporting excellence in the country.
07. Which of the following day is observed for International Day of Non-Violence??
A. 2nd October
B. 3 rd October
C. 4th October
D. 5th October
Explanation: The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2nd October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence. The International Day is an occasion to “disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness”. This day is referred to as Gandhi Jayanti in India
08.In Recent days Gujrat government signed MOU with which of the following country?
Explanation: Gujarat Government has signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Denmark in the water sector. The state government arm Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has signed the MoU with ‘Danish Water Forum’ through an online interactive platform.
09. Which of the following bank tie-up with BSE to empower small business companies?
A. YES BANK
B. SBI BANK
C. HDFC BANK
D. PNB BANK
Explanation: Yes Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to empower the SME segment through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes.
10. Which of the following organization recently sign MOU with tata steel to collaborate CCUS?
Explanation: Tata Steel and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) have signed an MoU to collaborate in the area of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS). The MoU has been signed considering the importance of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS) in India’s fight against Climate Change and Global Warming, meeting the growing energy demands and building a strong ecosystem to meet commitments under Paris Agreement.