Current Affairs 10th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Valmiki national park located in which state?
C. WEST BENGAL
02. BHARATNATTAM DANCE IS THE FAMOUS OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE?
A. TAMIL NADU
D. JAMMU AND KASMIR
03. ‘Bongosagar’ is a naval exercise
between Bangladesh and _________.
Explanation: The second edition of the bilateral naval exercise ‘Bongosagar’ between India and Bangladesh was held in
Northern Bay of Bengal.
● Ships from both navies participated in surface warfare drills, seamanship evolutions and helicopter operations.
● The first edition of the Exercise Bongosagar was held in 2019.
04. What is the length of the World’s
longest Highway tunnel ‘Atal
A. 8.35 km
B. 8.82 km
C. 9.02 km
D. 9.56 km
Explanation: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation
the World ’s longest Highway tunnel – Atal Tunnel at its south portal in Manali.
● The 9.02 Km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul
-Spiti valley throughout the year.
● Earlier the valley was cut off for about 6 months each year
owing to heavy snowfall.
05. Government has decided to waive
compound interest on loans up to
___________ for six-months due to
the coronavirus pandemic.
A. Rs 1 crore
B. Rs 1.5 crore
C. Rs 2 crore
D. Rs 5 crore
Explanation: In a relief to individual borrowers and medium and small
industries, the Centre has agreed in the Supreme Court to
waive compound interest (interest on interest) charged on
loans of up to two crore rupees for a six-month moratorium
period announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
● The government will seek due authorization from
Parliament for making appropriate grants in this regard and
the endeavour shall be over and above the support of 3.7
lakh crore rupees to MSMEs.
06. India will signs USD 90 million defence deal with which of the following country to buy spares for C- 130J Super Hercules aircraft?
Explanation: The US has approved India’s request to buy USD 90 million worth of equipment, spare parts and logistical support for its fleet of C -130J Super Hercules cargo aircraft.
● The proposed sale will support the foreign policy and national security of the US by helping to strengthen the US-India strategic relationship
and improve the security of a major defence
07. Which of the following organisation
has decided to launch a refinance
scheme for Water, Sanitisation and
Hygiene (WASH) programme?
D. NITI Aayog
Explanation: In a bid to promote sustainable and healthy lifestyle in rural
areas, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
(NABARD) on announced a special refinance facility to support
the government”s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH)
● An amount of Rs 800 crore has been earmarked for this purpose
for the financial year 2020-21, NABARD.
08. Visnu Shivaraj Pandian is associated
with which of the following sorts?
Explanation: India’s Visnu Shivaraj Pandian won the 10m air rifle event at the fifth edition of the International Online Shooting Championship.
● The 16 -year -old Visnu shot 251.4 to win the title by a clear margin of two points.
● The second place was won by world no. 27 Etienne Germond of France while Olympic quota winner Martin Strempfl of Austria took
the third place.
09. Youth Affairs and Sports Minister
Kiren Rijiju flagged in CRPF
Divyang Yodha Cycle rally from
Sabarmati Ashram, Gujarat to
Rajpath. Who among the following
is the current Director General of
A. A P Maheshwari
B. Surjeet Singh Deswal
C. Arvind Kumar
D. G. Satheesh Reddy
Explanation: Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju flagged in CRPF
Divyang Yodha Cycle rally that began its journey from Sabarmati
Ashram, Gujarat and culminated at Rajpath.
● The cycle rally covered about one thousand kilometre to reach
Delhi in the last 16 days.
● The rally team consisted of six women of CRPF Mahila
10. Recently, Pradeep Maharathy passed
away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Pradeep Maharathy, a Biju Janata Dal legislator from Pipili, died
after he tested positive for the coronavirus disease (Covid
● He became the first sitting MLA in the state to have succumbed
to the disease.
● The seven-time MLA and former minister had been on ventilator support since.
● At least 47 MLAs of the 147
-member Odisha assembly, including
deputy Speaker Rajanikanta Singh and several ministers, have
tested positive for Covid