Current Affairs 9th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following city hosts the
only Cherry Blossoms festival in India
‘India International Cherry Blossom
India International Cherry Blossom Festival, the
calendar event of Meghalaya which attracts record
number of tourists annually in Shillong, has been
cancelled this year in the wake of COVID
● The capital, Shillong hosts the only Cherry Blossoms
festival in India.
● These beautiful flowers can be spotted across
Meghalaya during this time of the year.
02. Recently, Who among the
following has been honoured with
Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar
A. Nana Patekar
B. Paresh Rawal
C. Anupam Kher
D. Naseeruddin Shah
Explanation: Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah has been honoured with the
2020 Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar Puraskar at annual
Sangit Kala Kendra Awards.
● Alongside, two emerging stars, in the firmament of theatrics
– Neel Choudhary and Irawati Karnik were awarded the
Aditya Vikram Birla Kalakiran Puraskars.
● “Theatre” is the central theme, for this year’s awards.
India will host G20 summit in
Explanation: G20 leaders have announced that India will host G20 summit in
● Recently, the 15th G20 Summit was held under the
chairmanship of Saudi Arabia.
04. The first cow hospital of Northeast
has been inaugurated in
B. Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: A cow shelter in Assam’s Dibrugarh inaugurated
Northeast’s first-ever cow hospital.
● The hospital, Surbhi Aarogyashala, is set up by
Shree Gopal Gaushala at a cost of Rs 17 lakh.
● The hospital will provide services in a 30 km radius.
05. Which of the following film has
been selected as India’s official
entry for the Oscars?
B. Shakuntala Devi
D. Gunjan Saxena
Explanation: Malayalam film Jallikattu has been selected as
India’s official entry for Oscars in the foreign language film category.
● The film, directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery, revolves
around a bull that escapes from a slaughter house
in a hilly remote village on the eve of its scheduled
06. Which nation’s Prime Minister has
been nominated for Nobel Peace
Explanation: The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu,
and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Mohammed bin
Zayed Al Nahyan have been nominated for the Nobel
Peace Prize 2021.
● They have been choosne for their roles in establishing
the strategic and diplomatic ties between the two
Recently, Union Minister for Social
Justice & Empowerment e-
inaugurated a ‘Garima Greh: A
Shelter Home for Transgender
Persons’ in _________.
C. New Delhi
Explanation: Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment inaugurated a‘Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for
Transgender Persons’ in Vadodara, Gujarat.
● Under the Scheme of ‘Shelter Home for TransgenderPersons ’, the ministry has decided to set up shelter homes
for transgender persons who have been forced to leave
their homes or abandoned by the family.
● The first such home in Vadodara in Gujarat was
08. Who among the following chaired
the first meeting of National
Implementation Committee on
A. Narendra Modi
B. Amit Shah
C. Rajnath Singh
D. Smriti Irani
Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the first
meeting of the National Implementation
Committee on India@75
● NITI Aayog has released
‘Strategy for New
India @ 75′ document with an aim to
accelerate economic growth to
make the country a $
-trillion economy by
09. Recently, unarmed drones MQ9B
Sea Guardian have been inducted
by the Indian Navy from
Explanation: Recently, two American MQ9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones
have been inducted by the Indian Navy.
● The drones would be on lease with India for one year.
10. India will build Shatoot dam to provide
safe drinking water _________.
C. Sri Lanka
Explanation: India will build Shatoot dam to provide safe drinking
water to residents of Kabul.
● External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar explained
India’s initiatives during the Afghanistan 2020