Current Affairs 8th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.The Cycling Federation of India
(CFI) will host the first-ever
“Cycling Summit” in 2021 across
D. A, B and C
Explanation: The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) will host the first-ever “Cycling Summit” in 2021 across Delhi,
Mumbai and Bengaluru.
● This one-day summit is designed to promote the culture of cycling and exchange knowledge with
budding and professional cyclists.
02. Who among the following is the
author of the book ‘The Big
Thoughts of Little Luv’?
A. Akshay Kumar
B. Karan Johar
C. Anil Kapoor
D. Mahesh Bhatt
Explanation: Filmmaker Karan Johar has penned a
children’s book, titled “The Big Thoughts of
Little Luv”, which is inspired from his own
experiences as a parent.
● In the book, Johar, who became a single father
to twins, Yash and Roohi through surrogacy in
2017, explores the challenges every parent
faces, as well as the differences, imposed
between boys and girls while raising them.
03. Which of the following bank will
invest EUR 650 million for
construction of Kanpur’s first city
A. Asian Development Bank
B. World Bank
C. Asian Infrastructure Investment
D. European Investment Bank
Explanation: The European Investment Bank (EIB) is set to invest EUR650 million into the construction of
Kanpur’s first city metro line.
● This will enable around 3 million people in the city to benefit from fast and affordable public transport.
04. Students from which of the
following institute has have
launched a free-of-cost mobile
scanner application “AIR
A. IIT Delhi
B. IIT Madras
C. IIT Mumbai
D. IIT Kharagpur
Explanation: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, students have launched a free-of-cost mobile scanner
application “AIR Scanner”.
● The app saves the scanned document in PDF format and stores directly in the device.
● AIR Scanner app does not collect any information about the user and all the documents are stored in the phone’s local storage.
05. Recently, which of the following
insurance company has launched
voice chatbot “LiGo”?
A. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
B. Life Insurance Corporation
C. SBI Life Insurance Corporation
D. Max Life Insurance
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited has introduced an Artificial intelligence (AI)-
powered voice chatbot, “LiGo”
, on Google Assistant.
● This will enable the company’s policyholders to address their queries by simple voice
● It provides an easy to use and convenient service touch-point for customers.
06. Sunil Nagpal is associated with
which of the following sports?
B. Table Tennis
Explanation: Sumit Nagal stormed into the second round of the ongoing US Open Tennis.
● With this Nagal has become the first Indian to win a singles main draw match at a Grand Slam
in the last seven years.
● In 2013, Somdev Devvarman had reached the second round of the Australian Open, French
Open and US Open.
07. Which of the following day is observed as a World Coconut Day?
A. 01 September
B. 02 September
C. 03 September
D. 04 September
Explanation: World Coconut Day is observed every year on 03 September.
● The main objective of celebrating this day is to create awareness across the globe about the
importance of the coconut and its benefits.
● The theme of World Coconut Day this year is – ‘Invest in Coconut to save the world’.
08.Which of the following has recently
partnered with Bangladesh Water
Development Board to bring the
flood warning services to the
Explanation: Google has partnered with Bangladesh Water Development Board to bring the flood warning services to
● It currently covers more than 40 million people in Bangladesh and it is working to expand its coverage to
the whole of the country.
09. On 02 September, the Government
blocked ________ mobile apps
Explanation: The Government has blocked 118 mobile apps including PUBG
which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India,
Defence of India, Security of State and Public Order.
● The move will safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile
and internet users.
● This decision is a targeted move to ensure safety, security and
sovereignty of Indian cyberspace.
10. The Cabinet chaired by Prime
Minister Narendra Modi has given
its nod to Mission Karmayogi.
Mission Karmyogi is associated
A. Boosting Sports infrastructure
B. Civil Services Capacity
C. Double Farmers’ income
D. Promote cotton cultivation
Explanation: The Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its nod to Mission Karmayogi – National
Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building.
● The scheme will lay the foundation for capacity building for Civil Servants so that they remain entrenched in
Indian culture while they learn from best practices across the world.
● Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare the Indian Civil Servants for the future by making them more creative,
constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and