Current Affairs 6th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed every year on
A. 27 August
B. 28 August
C. 29 August
D. 30 August
The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on August 29.
● The day aims to increase awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other
nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-
02. Which of the following festival is
celebrated to honor the memory of
the legendary King Mahabali?
D. Thrissur Pooram
ExplanationAmid Covid 19 pandemic, Keralites across the globe are celebrating Thiruvonam, the biggest cultural festival
of the State.
● Thiruonam is the most auspicious day of Onam festival.
● This annual harvest festival of the State celebrates the visit of mythical and righteous King Mahabali.
03. India will launch the bidding
process for a Rs 55,000-crore mega
project to build ________
conventional submarines for the
Explanation: India is all set to launch the bidding process by next month for a Rs 55,000-crore mega project to build six
conventional submarines for the Indian Navy.
● The submarines will be built in India under the much-talked-about strategic partnership model that allows
domestic companies to join hands with leading foreign defence majors to produce high-end military
platforms in the country and reduce import dependence.
● The Mega Project has been named P-75 I.
04.‘Seva Saptah’ is associated with
the birthday of ________.
D.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Explanation: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has decided to celebrate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday on
September 17 by observing Seva Saptah from 14th to 20th September.
● To observe the Seva Saptah which is a way to extend help, the party will be distributing masks,
sanitizers and medicines.
05. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
(DMRC) will resume its services
from 7th of September in a
calibrated manner with new
guidelines. Who among the
following is the current Managing
Director of DMRC?
C.Durga Shanker Mishra
D.Hardeep Singh Puri
Explanation: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will resume
its services from 7th of September in a calibrated
manner with new guidelines.
● Metro services will be resuming for the public after
being shut for more than five months due to
● DMRC Managing Director : Mangu Singh
06. Which of the following state will
start first of its kind seaplane
service from October 31?
Explanation: Seaplane service to provide air connectivity from Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad to Statue of Unity in
Kevadia in Gujarat is scheduled to start from October 31, the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel.
● The service will be operated by Spicejet Airline.
07. Which of the following railway
zone will operate the first ‘Roll On
Roll Off’ (RORO) train service?
A.East Central Railway
B.South Western Railway
Explanation: Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa flagged off the maiden roll-on roll-off (RORO) train from Bengaluru to Solapur.
● It will be operated by the South Western Railway (SWR).
● It ensures faster transport of essential goods, perishables, food items and smaller cargo
08. Along with India, Which of the
following country was declared as
the joint winners of the 2020
Online FIDE Chess Olympiad?
Explanation: India and Russia were declared joint winners of the 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad after the
final was marred by internet disconnection.
● Russia were initially declared winners after two Indian players, Nihal Sarin and Divya Deshmukh,
lost out on time in the final after suffering a disconnection with the server.
● India had appealed against the controversial decision.
09. Recently, Which of the following
paramilitary force has launched an
in-house mobile app “Pensioners
A.Sashastra Seema Bal
B.Border Security Force
C.Central Industrial Security
D.Indo-Tibetan Border Police
Explanation: The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has made an in-house mobile app “Pensioners Corner”.
● The mobile app has been created by CISF to reach to the pensioners and to bring them on to the
digital platform as a one stop solution.
10. Which of the following state
government has launched “Major
Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana”?
C. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: “Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana” has been launched by the Uttar Pradesh government.
● Under this scheme, 19 international players from the state of Uttar Pradesh will get road connectivity to their houses.