Current Affairs 6th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following state has
recently collaborated with Finland in
the field of Artificial Intelligence
A. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: ‘Center for Excellence for Data Science and
Artificial Intelligence’ has decided to enter
into a collaboration agreement with
● In collaboration with the Government of
Karnataka and NASSCOM the Center will
work with experts in Finland for skill
development, research and development in
the field of data science and artificial
02. Housing and Urban Affairs
Minister Hardeep Singh Puri
launched ‘Safaimitra Suraksha
Challenge’. This challenge is
associated with the safety of
A. Safety of Anganwadi workers
B. Safety of sewer tank cleaner
C. Safety and security of police personals from COVID-19
D. Security of female cleaning staff in Indian Railways
Explanation: Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh
Puri launched ‘Safaimitra Suraksha Challenge.
● It has been launched on the occasion of World
Toilet Day for the safety of sewer or septic tank
● It will ensure that no person lost their life due to
entering a sewer or septic tank.
03. India ranks at _________ in the
global bribery risk matrix.
Explanation: India is at 77th position with a score of 45 in a global list that
measures business bribery risks of 2020.
● The list by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard setting organisation,
measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, territories, and
autonomous and semi-autonomous regions.
04. The world heritage site of Hampi
will soon be part of a new district
Vijayanagar of_________ state.
C. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The world heritage site of Hampi, the erstwhile capital of
Vijayanagar empire, will soon be part of a new district.
● The State Cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister BS
Yediyurappa, gave in
-principle approval for creation of the
Vijayanagar district, which will be carved out of Ballari
district, to become the 31st district in the state.
● It will be named after the Vijayanagara empire that ruled
from this region.
05. Recently, the Karnataka Bank has
launched CASA (current account,
savings account) mobilisation
campaign. Karnataka Bank is
headquartered in _________.
Explanation: Karnataka Bank launched CASA (current account,
savings account) mobilisation campaign which will
run from November 17 to March4, 2021 .
● Campaign intends to mobilise over 4.10 lakh current
and savings accounts with an accretion of ₹650 crore
● With this campaign, the bank intends to introduce its
attractive and superior line of digitally powered
savings and current account products to its
06. Maia Sandu has become the first
woman to be elected as the
President of _________.
Explanation: Maia Sandu, a former World Bank economist, has won
Moldova’s 2020 Presidential election to become the
President-elect of the country.
● She is the first woman to be elected as the President of
Moldova and would assume office on 23rd December 2020.
● She was the former Prime Minister of Moldova from 8 June
2019 until 14 November 2019.
07. Who among the following has
been chosen as the official kit
sponsor and merchandise partner
of both the national men’s and
women’s sides as well as the U-19
B. MPL Sports
C. Nivia Sports
Explanation: The BCCI formally announced MPL Sports apparel and
accessories as the official kit sponsor and merchandise
partner of both the national men’s and women’s sides as well
as the U-19 team, replacing Nike.
● Nike had a five-year deal during which they paid Rs 370 crore from 2016 to 2020
● MPL Sports, the sports merchandise brand from Mobile
Premier League, an e
-sports platform, offers a wide range of
sports wear and cricket equipment, along with other
accessories such as masks, wrist bands, footwear and
08. Recently, Ravi Belagere passed
away. He was a/an _________.
Explanation: Noted journalist and writer Ravi Belagere passed
● He was famous for writings on the crime world and his
column ‘Paapigala Lokadalli’ was very popular.
09. Who among the following has been
sworn in as the first woman Deputy
Chief Minister of Bihar?
A. Lalita Singh
B. Renu Devi
C. Rukmani Pandey
D. Surekha Devi
Explanation: Renu Devi has become the first woman Deputy Chief Minister of
● She was sworn in along with Tarkishore Prasad as new Bihar deputy
● Renu Devi won the Bihar Polls 2020 from the Bettiah constituency.
10. India has drawn a five-year action
plan for the conservation of
C. Sarus crane
D. House sparrow
Explanation: The Union Government has released a five
-year action plan for the conservation of
● The step has been taken in light of a
substantial decline in the population of
vultures in India.
● Vultures are nature’s scavengers that feed on
the animal carcasses, keeping the surrounding