Current Affairs 4th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Gail Sheehy passed away. She was a/an _________.
C. Tennis player
D. Social activist
Explanation: Writer-journalist, Commentator and Pop
sociologist, Gail Sheehy passed away.
● Her best-selling book “Passages: Predictable
Crises of Adult Life” was published in 1976.
02. Recently,Who among the following
has been appointed as the
Managing Director and Chief
Executive Officer of SBI Mutual
A. Rajdeep Gill
B. Praveen Thapa
C. Vinay Tonse
D. Rachit Johri
Explanation: Vinay Tonse has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of SBI Mutual
● He will replace Ashwani Bhatia, who has been now appointed as the managing director (MD) of State
Bank of India.
03. ‘Pulikkali’ is a recreational folk art from the state of _________.
Explanation: Pulikkali, a colorful part of Onam celebrations in Thrissur, will be an online-only affair this year due to COVID-
● Pulikkali is a recreational folk art from the state of Kerala. The folk art is mainly practiced in Thrissur district of
● The literal meaning of Pulikkali is the ‘play of the tigers’ hence the performance revolve around the theme of tiger
04. recently, The Government of India is
implementing __________ project to
link the regions of Ladakh and Leh
with the National Power Grid.
A.Rs 1,200 crore
B. Rs 1,500 crore
C. Rs 500 crore
D. Rs 2,100 crore
Explanation: The Government of India is implementing Rs 1,200 crore project to link the regions of
Ladakh and Leh with the National Power Grid.
● These regions due to their isolated locations remain power deficit regions receiving only 5
hours of power supply from diesel generators and very few micro hydel projects.
05. Which of the following bank has
partnered with Adobe to help
improve the digital experience
the journey of its customers?
A. Axis Bank
B. State Bank of India
C. HDFC Bank
D. ICICI Bank
Explanation: HDFC Bank has announced a strategic partnership with Adobe to help improve the digital experience journey of its
● The company claims that the partnership will enable HDFC Bank to deliver personalised digital experiences to existing
as well as new customers, at anytime and anywhere.
06. Recently the Ministry of Culture has announced ________ new circles of
the Archaeological Survey of India, ASI.
Explanation: The Ministry of Culture has announced 7 new circles of the Archaeological Survey of India, ASI.
● New circles have been created in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal and
● Trichy, Raiganj, Rajkot, Jabalpur, Hampi, Jhansi and Meerut have been announced as new circles.
● Earlier there were 29 ASI circles across the country.
07. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
will officially induct the first five
Rafale fighter aircraft into service
at the Ambala air base on 10th of
September. Rafale fighter aircraft
are a part of ________ squadron.
A. No. 1 Squadron IAF
B. No. 7 Squadron IAF
C. No. 18 Squadron IAF
D. No. 17 Squadron IAF
Explanation: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will officially induct the first
five Rafale fighter aircraft into service at the Ambala air base
on 10th of September.
● French Defence Minister Florence Parly has also been
invited for the event in Ambala.
● The first five aircraft had arrived from France in India on
29th of July.
● They are part of the IAF’s 17 Squadron also known as the
08. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
was released in the year _________.
Explanation: Central government’s flagship financial inclusion programme Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) has
completed six years.
● The scheme was launched on 28th of August in 2014 with an aim to provide universal access to banking
facilities to the people in the country.
09. Phase Six of the Vande Bharat
Mission is scheduled to begin
A. 1 September
B. 18 September
C. 5 September
D. 20 September
Explanation: Phase Six of the Vande Bharat Mission is scheduled to begin on 1st of September.
● Phase Five of the Mission will be over on 31st
● Flights are being rescheduled by Air India
group and private carriers based on an
assessment of demand by Indian missions
● Air bubble arrangements with different
countries will continue as per schedule in the
10. Which of the following state has passed the Skill Development University Bill which allows the setting up of Skill University at Mangaldoi at the cost of 900 crore rupees?
The Assam Cabinet has approved the Assam Skill Development University Bill which provides for setting up of Skill
University at Mangaldoi at the cost of 900 crore rupees.
● The meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal also decided to increase the
upper age limit for State government jobs for Group III and Group IV for two years so that unemployed youth can
apply for jobs upto 40 years.
● Insurance to the tune of 50 lakh rupees to journalists, home guards and all casual employees succumbed to Covid-
19 infection while performing their duties was approved during the meeting.